Peacock (Streaming Service) | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Peacock (Streaming Service)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, back on the subject of Podcasting, it looks like Wondery is on the auction block

Vulture has talked about QCODE as well, which would be substantially cheaper, at least. Though it also notes that Chernin's deal with Spotify means that any NBCU-Wondery will have to compete with platforms along with podcast networks.

Reactions: RevFreako
All of which is to say this class of “Saved By The Bell” is a pleasant surprise. Showrunner Tracey Wigfield’s experience with skewering meta commentary on series like “30 Rock” and “Great News” comes into play here. She and her team of writers masterfully weave all the best parts of the original into this new iteration, while calling out the ways in which the first show’s foundation was cracked.
We've seen many sitcom reboots in recent years and, while it's always fun to watch our old TV favorites again, most shows can't seem to grow past the nostalgia to give us anything new. While nostalgia is a key ingredient to reboots, it's not something that can sustain a series on its own; you need a blend of new and old, character growth, and an awareness that things are different now than they were 30 years ago. We are so pleased to report that Peacock’s Saved by the Bell reboot might be the best attempt at reviving a sitcom we've seen.
If you’re a TV viewer of a certain vintage (like me), Saved by the Bell imprinted on you at an early age, whether you liked it or not. (In our defense, there wasn’t much TV to choose from back then.) Yes, the cheesy ’90s high school antics of Zack, Kelly, Slater, et al do have a certain nostalgic allure… but they were never “good,” really. So it’s a nice surprise that the Saved by the Bell revival — debuting Wednesday, Nov. 25 on Peacock; I’ve seen three episodes — is actually, surprisingly good: a cleverly constructed, highly tongue-in-cheek reinvention that pokes plenty of fun at its inspiration while finding genuine laughs of its own.

We were admittedly late to an already crowded market with our streaming service, which makes it is all the more remarkable that Peacock launched with one of the best user experiences and with a depth and breadth of content that has already generated over 26 million signups since the national launch just five short months ago. And it is already clear that our strategy anchored by a free ad-supported product was a smart and unique way to enter the market. Our extraordinary growth is ahead of our internal projections and we see no signs of that slowing down. In fact, last quarter, Peacock earned the distinction of the fastest growing VOD platform in the market.

Additionally, The Morning Consult (a data intelligence company that tracks brand perceptions) just ranked Peacock as the #2 fastest growing brand of 2020.

Each of you should take pride in these accomplishments, as every part of NBCUniversal has leaned in to support Peacock. I truly believe that our collaboration has been a key differentiator in making Peacock stand out from the competition.

Much of Peacock’s success comes from leveraging our company’s strengths. The biggest driver of signups is the content coming from our own TV networks and film studios:

· The Premiere League coverage is the #1 driver of premium subscriptions and engagement.

· Saved by the Bell, produced by Universal Television, has quickly become the most-watched original series, with 3 out of 10 new users watching it first.

· Current NBC shows are consistently among the most-watched episodes on Peacock the day after they air on the NBC broadcast network, which then drives significant viewing to previous seasons of those shows. We see the same trends with unscripted content from our cable entertainment network shows.

· Viewing of the NBC classic series Parks & Recreation, also produced by UTV, increased by four times after becoming exclusive to Peacock in October.

· More than half of users have sampled Peacock’s unique channels offering. NBC News NOW has been the most-watched channel since launch and The Choice, Peacock’s exclusive news channel, hit record highs on election day.

· Trolls World Tour from DreamWorks is the #1 film on Peacock. The deep catalog of classics, including many titles from Universal Pictures, continue to resonate with users.

· November was the most-watched month for Telemundo programming on Peacock, up nearly 30% from October.

Ok, but how many of those 26M subs are paying, Peacock Premium subscribers though? Because there’s like 3-4 individual accounts in my house alone, but none of us are paying.

Reactions: Clive
Ok, but how many of those 26M subs are paying, Peacock Premium subscribers though? Because there’s like 3-4 individual accounts in my house alone, but none of us are paying.
Then they're getting ad revenue

Then they're getting ad revenue
That’s assuming anyone actually uses the app. The only thing I ever do is watch some of the “channels”. And we have Hulu, so any next day TV we watch on there with no ads. I more or less have it just in case something cool comes around. I plan on signing up for the Fresh Prince show, but will probably unsubscribe after.

That’s assuming anyone actually uses the app. The only thing I ever do is watch some of the “channels”. And we have Hulu, so any next day TV we watch on there with no ads. I more or less have it just in case something cool comes around. I plan on signing up for the Fresh Prince show, but will probably unsubscribe after.
I thought that was on HBOMax

Honestly I will pay them at some point but it will be after a while. They are going to edit together deleted scenes into the office episodes and season by season release with "Superfan" edits.

I think its a really cool idea, many times they cut ten mins from episodes so with like a little over 150ish of the episodes they are doing this to (from what I read season 1/2 wont be getting these cuts) thats a whole lot of new office to enjoy
But yeah, not joining until all seasons are like that and doubt I will stay more more than two months.

View attachment 13633Produced by Universal; distributed by Warner
None of that mattered apparently considering that there was a bidding war between Peacock, HBOMax, and Netflix for the show.

"The series is a co-production between Smith's Westbrook Studios and original producers Universal TV. Peacock, Netflix and HBO Max were among the streamers who were bidding for the series. HBO Max is the current streaming home for the original series."

Are all the classic monster movies off of peacock? I can’t find them. What’s even the point then? I mean I have them all on DVD but still lol.

Are all the classic monster movies off of peacock? I can’t find them. What’s even the point then? I mean I have them all on DVD but still lol.
They should be there, there was news about it back in July (Source)

How is Peacock btw? I normally don't subscribe to anything with the word 'pea' in it, but I'm willing to give it a shot