Peacock (Streaming Service) | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Peacock (Streaming Service)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm here for all of this, especially Gacy.

I'd say four days is long enough to not count as a double post, right?

It was just announced at tonight's Elimination Chamber show that Peacock will be "the exclusive home" for this year's WrestleMania. No further details were mentioned that I'm aware of. Wonder if they're gonna sacrifice Mania to gain visibility for the Network deal.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'd say four days is long enough to not count as a double post, right?

It was just announced at tonight's Elimination Chamber show that Peacock will be "the exclusive home" for this year's WrestleMania. No further details were mentioned that I'm aware of. Wonder if they're gonna sacrifice Mania to gain visibility for the Network deal.
Isn't this what has been said from the beginning.
From initial media release
"The NBCU streamer will have all WWE live events — for no additional charge — including WrestleMania and SummerSlam, with Fastlane the first event to stream on Peacock on Sunday, March 21"
Source

Isn't this what has been said from the beginning.
From initial media release
"The NBCU streamer will have all WWE live events — for no additional charge — including WrestleMania and SummerSlam, with Fastlane the first event to stream on Peacock on Sunday, March 21"
Source
If that's the case, is the Network as an add-on to Peacock just going to be the library stuff and the non-event programming?

If that's the case, is the Network as an add-on to Peacock just going to be the library stuff and the non-event programming?
My current understanding is that the Network should remain the same. All old content and new "ppvs" included. The main difference is expect less original content. They have already said one documentary a year when currently they are making more than one. Since they have "secured the bag" expect them to get lazy when it comes to non-in-ring content.

My current understanding is that the Network should remain the same. All old content and new "ppvs" included. The main difference is expect less original content. They have already said one documentary a year when currently they are making more than one. Since they have "secured the bag" expect them to get lazy when it comes to non-in-ring content.

The tea leaves pointing ever stronger to Universal buying WWE after the old man gets his ticket punched.

Last edited:
If you go to peacocktv.com/wwe there's an offer for four months of WWE Network for 9.99, if you already have Peacock Premium.

Peacock lost $914M in 2020. All streamers pretty much lose money so this isn't a death sentence or anything, they'll be fine. I do personally think they way overpaid for WWE though (especially with their declining ratings).

Peacock brought in $118M in revenue in 2020.

The plan at Hulu had been to develop at least two shows set within the “Wild Cards” universe, with Miller overseeing both shows. Whether or not that strategy will continue in the Peacock version remains to be seen, but given the propensity for streamers to build out interconnected worlds based on existing IP, it seems more than likely.

The Wild Cards franchise is a shared universe of anthologies, mosaic novels and stand-alone stories written by a collection of authors and edited by Martin and Snodgrass. The book series launched after a long-running campaign of the Superworld role-playing game led by Martin and involving the original authors. Martin and Snodgrass developed the framework of the series, including the characters' abilities and card-based terminology. The first book was published by Bamtam in 1987. To date, 27 books have been released by four publishers, with other new titles in the works. The source material has been adapted as comics, graphic novels and other RPGs.

Additional projects in development from Universal Studio Group and Peacock include What She Said from Universal Television; All Our Wrongs Today, from UCP; and Skywatch, from UCP.

Last edited:

The plan at Hulu had been to develop at least two shows set within the “Wild Cards” universe, with Miller overseeing both shows. Whether or not that strategy will continue in the Peacock version remains to be seen, but given the propensity for streamers to build out interconnected worlds based on existing IP, it seems more than likely.

The Wild Cards franchise is a shared universe of anthologies, mosaic novels and stand-alone stories written by a collection of authors and edited by Martin and Snodgrass. The book series launched after a long-running campaign of the Superworld role-playing game led by Martin and involving the original authors. Martin and Snodgrass developed the framework of the series, including the characters' abilities and card-based terminology. The first book was published by Bamtam in 1987. To date, 27 books have been released by four publishers, with other new titles in the works. The source material has been adapted as comics, graphic novels and other RPGs.

Had no idea these were still a thing, read maybe the first 5 to 10 books back in the late 80s/early 90s. Should be a nice fit for "prestige TV"--basically a gritty, real world take on the X-Men the way Game of Thrones is a gritty, real world take on Tolkien and his hundreds of imitators. My only concern is that I vaguely recall many of the characters were very much of the 80s (or older--one was basically a Jerry Garcia pastiche as a superhero). May have to cherry-pick who they use.

Finally something that actually sounds interesting for this service.

Reactions: Grabnar

These two caught my attention, especially the new Schur show.

Reactions: GAcoaster