Penguin Trek (2024) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Penguin Trek (2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I forgot how randomly placed Antarctica was within the park, especially since it's a drastic theme change compared to Atlantis (...and Kraken).

They still have A LOT to do.

It's honestly kinda scary how close Penguin Trek gets to Manta. I noticed in person that the supports and ride cars for both pass within a few feet of the other. I'm certain they've done their calculations, but it adds another scare/thrill factor to Manta with that added close call for the rider in the left seat.

Reactions: Wesker69
It's honestly kinda scary how close Penguin Trek gets to Manta. I noticed in person that the supports and ride cars for both pass within a few feet of the other. I'm certain they've done their calculations, but it adds another scare/thrill factor to Manta with that added close call for the rider in the left seat.
The rare penguin high five.

• Haha
Reactions: Wesker69
Nice photos in the Sentinel:

Still curious about the outdoor section being devoid of scenic details.
Tangle of white coaster track running over and behind Antarctic themed buildings-- not sure how much more anyone was expecting.

It's obvious the Matterhorn wasn't being built around it.

From the videos on YouTube it almost looks like either the entire former queue (pre-show, ice caves, etc) has been gutted or it's not being used for the new ride. For the construction site tour they led everyone (in reverse order) through an old emergency exit door and down some bare hallways to the station. Hopefully that's not what the finished queue will be, but from the language they used it sounds like there might not be any sort of pre-show anymore, which would be unfortunate.

• Sad
Reactions: Clive and Wesker69
At least make an attempt to have the ground "white" as if it's a snowy-icy terrain. That's one of the biggest fails at SWSD with Arctic Rescue & Emperor. The landscape (or lack thereof) doesn't match the theme

I grew up on RCT, so I'm judgey lol

At least make an attempt to have the ground "white" as if it's a snowy-icy terrain. That's one of the biggest fails at SWSD with Arctic Rescue & Emperor. The landscape (or lack thereof) doesn't match the theme

I grew up on RCT, so I'm judgey lol
To SWSD's credit, Arctic Rescue does have "snowy" looking gravel and landscaping throughout the ride path, which is an improvement over Emperor. With this ride, so far it looks like the icy Antarctica theming is limited to what was already there in 2013, i.e. nothing in the ride path or new guest areas. Seems like the plan is to "blend" the landscaping into that of the rest of the park with some Arctic-looking evergreen trees and flora, which for some reason PRKS keeps thinking is thematically appropriate for a continent with no trees and virtually no plant life.

I did catch someone saying something about there being a pre-show for the ride in a video from Midway Mayhem, so that's possibly some good news!

Did he say United Parks & Resorts? First time I ever hear that...
Yes, that is the new name of SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment. It was changed in January,

Discussion about it is on the last page of this thread:

Reactions: UNIrd
Crossing my fingers we get something like Arctic Rescue's theming/landscaping for the outside portion. I think that's enough with the land's existing theming.

Reactions: GAcoaster
Looks great with the white stone under it:

Hoping the rumors about an incident in testing delaying things are overblown.

So they're also doing work on the restaurant-- the Coke Freestyle area outside has been demolished. There's also a sizable addition on the end of the Penguin exhibit building (gift shop?)

The grey patches under the ride could be for some additional theme elements.

Last edited: