Penguin Trek (2024) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Penguin Trek (2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
At least make an attempt to have the ground "white" as if it's a snowy-icy terrain. That's one of the biggest fails at SWSD with Arctic Rescue & Emperor. The landscape (or lack thereof) doesn't match the theme

I grew up on RCT, so I'm judgey lol
They heard you! Now if only the entrance looked like this it'd be perfect.

RCT_1_Snow_and_Ice_Ride_Entrance_and_Exit.png

I still think this area could used some snowy rockwork between PT and Manta. At least it looks a lot more wintry.

swcoaster.png
The grey patches under the ride could be for some additional theme elements.
It looks like the additional theme elements are already there? A few small rocks and a log. One of the rocks has a very obvious notch in it so something extra might go there.

I hope they don't cheapen out on reworking those icy areas around the restaurant. I always liked the theming around there. That was one of the best parts when they first built it.

Couldn't get a pic, but there's a section that looks a bit way too close to Manta. If both coasters meet there at the same time, we're talking a few feet of clearance between the two.

Couldn't get a pic, but there's a section that looks a bit way too close to Manta. If both coasters meet there at the same time, we're talking a few feet of clearance between the two.
I brought this up before, but yeah, definitely interesting that Manta now has an extra scare element early on the ride. Very close call that I hope they got the calculations right on. :nervous:

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
I brought this up before, but yeah, definitely interesting that Manta now has an extra scare element early on the ride. Very close call that I hope they got the calculations right on. :nervous:
Hoping someone catches a video/photo of that segment, would be interesting to see how close it is with the vehicles.

Just saw on WESH that SeaWorld is making an announcement about Penguin Trek today (don't know when since it's already after 6PM)? Maybe they mean tomorrow?

I assume they're setting an opening date since it's started testing over the weekend.

Excited for this, will do a lot for SeaWorld's lack of decent family experiences, especially with the quality of their shows diminishing outside the Holidays (barely 15 minute shows for Orca/Dolphins is embarrassing).

Reactions: GA-MBIT
It looks good but this shouldn't have been a replacement for the previous Antarctica ride. This should've been in addition to.

But glad we have one "family attraction" back. Now we need replacements for Turtle Trek and Wild Arctic.

It looks good but this shouldn't have been a replacement for the previous Antarctica ride. This should've been in addition to.

But glad we have one "family attraction" back. Now we need replacements for Turtle Trek and Wild Arctic.
The Antarctica ride was never going to reopen, it would have costed the park too much to fix it (apparently the vehicles were damaged beyond repair during the pandemic closure). At least next years addition is an indoor ride.

Reactions: IzzyB
The preshow before the launch looks awesome as does the the post show penguin viewing. Sea world is back to what they exceled at doing with coasters around animal exabits with this ride. We need them to do the same around the flying theater. I think this ride is going to be a big addition for the park in addition to that sesame street dark ride please.

The queue, the load/unload area, & indoor themed rockwork tunnel all look great! The coaster looks fun. It's nice seeing a "snow" covered ground below the coaster (unlike Emperor or Arctic Rescue), just wish it wasn't so "flat". A few snow-covered boulders would do wonders.

My ONLY nitpick is the giant solid plain blue show-building wall on the side it launches/returns. Everything else looks great, but then... naked blue wall. Give me ice, snow & rockwork! Or rust-it-up too match the warehouse Basecamp vibes of the interior. /End nitpick

Reactions: Clive

Did you ride it? Because honestly that ride was never worth the wait, so I am OK with this replacement. They have done a ton of additions (Manta, Mako, and Pipeline) not replacements lately, so it is OK to do some replacements of ride systems that are not working. Wild Arctic needs to be next though.

For those who care...

Batteries need to be used. If they sit around, they swell and seals break. It's why old AA's are useless.

They let that ride sit unpowered for like a year. no cycling. no upkeep. no checks. The batteries swelled, broke, and are no no longer useful.

Apparently, the cost to replace them was so high that they threw in the towel.

Did you ride it? Because honestly that ride was never worth the wait, so I am OK with this replacement. They have done a ton of additions (Manta, Mako, and Pipeline) not replacements lately, so it is OK to do some replacements of ride systems that are not working. Wild Arctic needs to be next though.

Multiple times. The ride was terrible. Truly nonsensical. :lmao: BUT... it was the only dark ride in the park! (Unless you count Journey to Atlantis with none of it's original dark ride effects..) And one of the only things you could do as a family, plus it was nice and cool in there on a hot day. So regardless it was a loss for the park and its attraction mix.

Reactions: Alicia