Picture of the Day - Everywhere Else | Page 102 | Inside Universal Forums

Picture of the Day - Everywhere Else

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Awesome shot Mike. I tried shooting a storm from my bacony last trip, I kept missing the lightening every time. :doh:

DSC00018_zps0fa7879b.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Love the Lightning HM!

It totally is lol. I saw the moon thru the window and had to go and get some pictures so I tried some handheld since I didnt feel like dragging out the tripod. I knew I wanted a shot with the tree branches but every setting I would use I couldn't nail the moon the way I wanted it. So I ended up taking one of just the moon with the settings that worked and then a few shots of the trees with the sky in it. By this time clouds started rolling in and I got this one and thought it would look pretty cool if I added a decent shot of the moon. I left it pretty obvious also with the spotty photoshopping around the edges of the moon :lol:

:lol: Fantastic!

July 1st was Canada day, just got back from some amazing fireworks! Haven't had much experience with shooting them, but I think my next few photos turned out well!

Canada Day Fireworks 3. by magicfergie, on Flickr

Came out really well :thumsb: Im a big fan of the D7000, puts out some really great quality pictures, especially night shots. Did you use an ND filter?

When I was on the cruise recently I was chatting with a photographer about shooting fireworks. The next day he showed me a few of his shots from the show the night before. The pictures were awesome and full off fireworks, he had 100 ISO @ F8 and bulb mode. He kept the exposure open and kept putting a black card upto the lens and removing it when he wanted to shoot the fireworks. So he had like 4 sets of blasts in one shot, the effect was amazing. Anyone else tried this technique?

No filter on this one, does it help cut down on the bright highlights?

The almost act as sunglasses for your lens :lol: allows for longer exposures at higher F Stops with better highlight control, which im still fighting to conquer

When I was on the cruise recently I was chatting with a photographer about shooting fireworks. The next day he showed me a few of his shots from the show the night before. The pictures were awesome and full off fireworks, he had 100 ISO @ F8 and bulb mode. He kept the exposure open and kept putting a black card up to the lens and removing it when he wanted to shoot the fireworks. So he had like 4 sets of blasts in one shot, the effect was amazing. Anyone else tried this technique?

Country shutter technique :lol: Ive heard of it but haven't tried it yet. Also a black ball cap or hat will work the same.