Portofino Bay | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Portofino Bay

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal Orlando has announced that Loews Portofino Bay Hotel is set to undergo exterior renovations beginning June 2023.

Reactions: OrlLover and Nico
Universal Orlando has announced that Loews Portofino Bay Hotel is set to undergo exterior renovations beginning June 2023.

Has anyone seen what the state of this renovation is so far?

Stayed at PB the weekend before Christmas - interestingly, neither Universal nor the hotel reached out to mention anything about renovations prior to our stay, nor was anything mentioned during check-in. I was generally aware of them via these forums but that seems like a major miss, especially as we were taken to our room with bell services and the bay view window was covered in plastic and the room absolutely reeked of fresh paint.

My wife basically said "hell naw" and the bell hop immediately called the front desk and whisked us to a new room which was in perfect shape. I have no idea what they were thinking trying to dump us into the initial room. Major props to the bell hop who was absolutely amazing - and a credit to the resort for empowering him to push through critical decisions as he was very firm with the front desk.

Anyway, I'm not entirely certain where they started but the "end" half of the East Wing was still under heavy exterior renovation with all of the facade stripped down.

Stayed at PB the weekend before Christmas - interestingly, neither Universal nor the hotel reached out to mention anything about renovations prior to our stay, nor was anything mentioned during check-in. I was generally aware of them via these forums but that seems like a major miss, especially as we were taken to our room with bell services and the bay view window was covered in plastic and the room absolutely reeked of fresh paint.

My wife basically said "hell naw" and the bell hop immediately called the front desk and whisked us to a new room which was in perfect shape. I have no idea what they were thinking trying to dump us into the initial room. Major props to the bell hop who was absolutely amazing - and a credit to the resort for empowering him to push through critical decisions as he was very firm with the front desk.

Anyway, I'm not entirely certain where they started but the "end" half of the East Wing was still under heavy exterior renovation with all of the facade stripped down.

Glad that happened. I did see a warning but when shopping for a stay over New Years and it deterred me from making the res. I mean the $800 a night price tag didn't help either. :lmao:

Reactions: CMM
I’ll be staying at the Portofino in about two weeks, it’s always been a favorite so we’re giving it another go even with the renovations.

Does anybody have any insight on the current state of the renovations? Is it delegated just to one wing? Can I request to be placed in a different wing? Will it severely impact my stay?

We’d like to do Portofino but if the renovations are too disruptive we might decide to change over to Hard Rock.

Has anybody stayed within the past few weeks? If so what was your experience like?

I’ll be staying at the Portofino in about two weeks, it’s always been a favorite so we’re giving it another go even with the renovations.

Does anybody have any insight on the current state of the renovations? Is it delegated just to one wing? Can I request to be placed in a different wing? Will it severely impact my stay?

We’d like to do Portofino but if the renovations are too disruptive we might decide to change over to Hard Rock.

Has anybody stayed within the past few weeks? If so what was your experience like?

From a few days ago:

This is the third major renovation since our first visit in May 2011. It's good to see that Loews continues to keep this resort in tip top physical shape. Their service is not quite as good as it used to be, but perhaps it'll rebound after this renovation is completed.

That doesn’t look too bad, seems to be delegated just to that one wing at the moment.

It’s nice to see them updating their existing properties so everything is as polished as can be before Epic

Reactions: Mad Dog
They have some really good AP rates during HHN, was able to book for the weekend of Sept 13th for around $360 a night Fri-Monday which is a large chunk cheaper then any other premium hotel right now.

Reactions: n i c k