Potter Crowds after Grand Opening? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Potter Crowds after Grand Opening?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Was there for grand opening waiting in JP (got there @ 5:30 AM ) was one of the first (1000) or so in.
Rode FJ twice before line got to a 2 hour wait.

When this opens the line will be visible across the water.I would guess the line will go in from Disaster side.So as not to block Simpsons and MIB .I just wonder if they may use HHN Que's(around soundstages and Disaster)

Im betting they will have something like the hogsmeade queue, where you get a time to come back at. Or you can wait in the standby line.

I entertained the idea of going to opening day just to be and see it all first hand without too many spoilers but in the end decided against it. I'm a HUGE potter fan and I'd LOVE to see it as soon as it was open but I wouldn't be able to just sit there and observe, look for the details I know they'll have hidden along the place because the crowds would be just too much.

I'll be going in November and hopefully crowds will be easier to manage. At least I hope so.

I entertained the idea of going to opening day just to be and see it all first hand without too many spoilers but in the end decided against it. I'm a HUGE potter fan and I'd LOVE to see it as soon as it was open but I wouldn't be able to just sit there and observe, look for the details I know they'll have hidden along the place because the crowds would be just too much.

I'll be going in November and hopefully crowds will be easier to manage. At least I hope so.

Oh yeah, November should certainly be much less busy than the week/month of opening :thumbs: Though I would expect for months if not years we're still gonna see higher than usual crowds, even during the typically slower seasons. Thankfully there's several new attractions around the park that will hold more crowds better than a couple years ago :cheers:

Do you guys think the crowds would be spread out in both Wizarding World and Diagon Alley? I'm assuming some people still haven't been to the Hogsmead area. I'm sure a majority of the people going go Diagon Alley have visited the previous Harry Potter area, but I was thinking the crowds may not be as heavy considering there is two areas to view. I bet it will still be crazy either way.

Do you guys think the crowds would be spread out in both Wizarding World and Diagon Alley? I'm assuming some people still haven't been to the Hogsmead area. I'm sure a majority of the people going go Diagon Alley have visited the previous Harry Potter area, but I was thinking the crowds may not be as heavy considering there is two areas to view. I bet it will still be crazy either way.

That's definitely a factor, and the fact that after Gringotts, the next big new ride is the Hogwarts Express, so a lot of the crowds will be spreading out, with quite a bit of time spent at neither park :lol:

When this opens the line will be visible across the water.I would guess the line will go in from Disaster side.So as not to block Simpsons and MIB .I just wonder if they may use HHN Que's(around soundstages and Disaster)

I kinda think it'll be a two direction queue. I think those going to Diagon will be routed around towards FFL, and the ones in line for HE will be routed towards Disaster.

You have to remember too, 2010 was the perfect storm for Harry Potter. Prior to the Wizarding World opening, there was no Harry Potter theme park presence anywhere in the world. Couple with that, that Deathly Hallows was set to release in November, and Part 2 the following summer.

So for comparison sake, you have one of the most beloved film and literature franchises of all time drawing to a close, which means fan mania was at a peak, with their first ever opportunity to actually step into that world in the flesh. Compare that to now, when it is merely an expansion of what they already have, and we're three years after the conclusion of the last movie. Anyone that thinks this will be as big as phase one is kidding themselves.

I'm going during first 2 weeks in December, usually the quietest time of the year in the parks from what I understand. Hopefully not too much busier in DA this year!

I am one of the crazies planning on going to the grand opening this summer. I was here for the grand opening of Phase I. I was back in JP, got there around 5:00 AM or 5:30. I didn't get into Hogsmeade until 11:30 AM. It was a fun experience, crazy, but fun. Honestly, it was a great time for crowd-watching. People were cut-throat. But my friends want to go this time, so we're thinking of splitting a hotel and waking up super early. No idea what to expect.

I am one of the crazies planning on going to the grand opening this summer. I was here for the grand opening of Phase I. I was back in JP, got there around 5:00 AM or 5:30. I didn't get into Hogsmeade until 11:30 AM. It was a fun experience, crazy, but fun. Honestly, it was a great time for crowd-watching. People were cut-throat. But my friends want to go this time, so we're thinking of splitting a hotel and waking up super early. No idea what to expect.

As long as you prepare yourself, it's always a fun time!

I worked grand opening, and I still work "land control" when we are super busy. We are expecting crowds just like in 2010, and are most certainly more prepared for it. We do still have to control entry to Hogsmeade during the busiest time, during Christmas week, but not during summer and spring break like the first couple of years. That isn't to say attendance is down, because it isn't, it is just that people are visiting the parks in a different way now, like not making a beeline for WWoHP first thing in the morning.

Maybe it was just my luck, but I went 1 month after the grand opening(Saturday, July 18th, 2010). Got to the park around 8, waited in line for an hour tops to get into the area. Then made a beeline straight to FJ and waited for about 70 minutes in line. The Three Broomsticks line was not bad appx 20 minutes for food in the ac. Idk how I had short wait times, probably just a lucky chance.

I worked grand opening, and I still work "land control" when we are super busy. We are expecting crowds just like in 2010, and are most certainly more prepared for it. We do still have to control entry to Hogsmeade during the busiest time, during Christmas week, but not during summer and spring break like the first couple of years. That isn't to say attendance is down, because it isn't, it is just that people are visiting the parks in a different way now, like not making a beeline for WWoHP first thing in the morning.

Thanks for the feedback Kim and good luck with the new opening!

with LeakyCon planned for the end of July I can see a lot of Potter fans waiting to go until then, especially if they have to travel far. Myself, I'm going the last week of October into November. 10 days, 4 at Universal the rest at Disney.

I saw pictures on the news of the lines for HP's Phase 1 opening--that was a LOT of people out there. Hoping to be at the park on a soft opening before the big day for HP: The Revenge. I was there for a soft opening of the Phase 1 deal, but Forbidden Journey was down for the day.