Power Up Cafe | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Power Up Cafe

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, I will admit I do miss them using more of all the space in the front. We used to have Blue Bothers and then the House of Horror Maze.....now its all just shops

Yeah the park was Construction Central back then... Pretty wild to see that compared to now.
Also crazy to see how Transformers has been open for 10 years already.
I think it's actually a good move to build another cafe on the upper lot. I've noticed a lot of the eating places are fairly busy. Should help increase capacity a bit...

Yeah the park was Construction Central back then... Pretty wild to see that compared to now.
Also crazy to see how Transformers has been open for 10 years already.
I think it's actually a good move to build another cafe on the upper lot. I've noticed a lot of the eating places are fairly busy. Should help increase capacity a bit...
I think the main area needs to add a restaurant on the second story of the shops or something. It's insane they have so much space for merch.

This new quick service/Candy, will do fine but think if it's just generic themed it's a missed opportunity

With all the innovation happening, it would be amazing if they could somehow include a full-service, sit-down restaurant somewhere. That would really help with capacity.
Toads could have been that.....but they choose to make it super small.

I feel like we area yearssssss from that unless they redo one of the restaurants in park. I could see another Nintendoland or Potter Land having one if they planned it but once again it's another thing USH is just ignoring because they are making money. We need more shows, they add nothing, we need more people eaters next thing we are getting is a coaster, we also in general need better restaurants the SNW and Potter ones are good but after going to Disneyland yeah somehow their food blows USH out of the water, I literally dont know how people eat at Krusty Burger.

It would be nice if 2024 they did a Project Star Dusk like Disneyland did before GE was added, make some pathways wider/easier to walk through and just refreshed the park in general. I love USH for the price I pay but I can't imagine paying for a 1 Day ticket and being too happy with how much of the park is managed

Toads could have been that.....but they choose to make it super small.
No, it couldn't have -- Kinopio's is quick service, as well. That was always the plan. And besides, the size of the space matters less than the format. A quick service restaurant could be the size of Grand Canyon but the idea is still to get people in and out quickly. Full-service is a lengthier experience. The longer people stay in one space, the better it is for overall capacity.

Last edited:
No, it couldn't have -- Kinopio's is quick service, as well. That was always the plan. And besides, the size of the space matters less than the format. A quick service restaurant could be the size of Grand Canyon but the idea is still to get people in and out quickly. Full-service is a lengthier experience. The longer people stay in one space, the better it is for overall capacity.
I Guess it don't see it as quick service because it takes like 30+ mins to get food but your right it's officially a quick service restaurant (but unlike say Jurassic cafe you will never see mobile ordering because its so small)

The size, I will argue is part of why the line takes so long. If you could just walk in and grab table anywhere then it would move the line quicker then people just waiting for food, and then having to wait for someone to take you to a table

I'm just not a fan of how most restaurants at USH operate, they are slow and most don't have great food. I'd love them to to have a sit down above the shops near the entrance because "roof" top dining is getting pretty big right now and be a good use of the space but I don't see that in the cards anytime soon.

I hope USH does consider what ever they do next with some capacity in mind, F&F is what it is but wont really be doing much to help that and toads also didn't really add that much room for more capacity.

Looking at recent photos, and it seems the intents of the refurbishment was to upgrade the existing building? Or atleast, replace old materials with new stuff; because otherwise it seems it is going to get it's theming restored to just NY.

Reactions: Nico and Michael S
Looking at recent photos, and it seems the intents of the refurbishment was to upgrade the existing building? Or atleast, replace old materials with new stuff; because otherwise it seems it is going to get it's theming restored to just NY.
Yeah, I was curious about that too. Doesn’t seem to be a retheme…

It looks like the same theme and might even be just a candy store again or a candy store with a few quick service items

Okay so not sure what to make of this but I thought I’d share it here for all of us to keep watch. A TM who works in food saw one of my videos of the cafe and DMed me saying it is going to be a Mario Cafe. Not sure if anyone here can confirm that or not but something to watch for sure

like the USJ ice cream shop?

Yeaaaaaaah that sign DEFINITELY says "Power-Up Cafe". When I walked by yesterday, there were a lot of people at work in there. I wonder if it'll be Mario Movie themed (because you know, New York). There's also a shocking lack of Mario movie anything in the park outside of the clips and videos of the movie they play in the animation-related retail.

Personally, I wish they would've given the NY facade a "Chinatown-esque" theme & given us a permanent Mr Ping's Noodle House. Complete with bringing back Mr Ping because he was such a hit.

It just makes more sense with DreamWorks literally behind the facade/building. And despite being a flex space (which they hyped up), we have yet to see any other DreamWorks IP takeover the venue.