Project 727 | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Project 727

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool stuff a friend of mine is working on the ride system for this project. I don't know how much I can say but I was surprised it's being built so far west from the Orlando park and the completed system will undergo testing for months here before shipping out to Orlando. The capacity worries me with what he told me.

If Disney can shoehorn Frozen into Maelstrom's 1000 riders per hour, I don't think we have to worry about the capacity of a Jimmy Fallon ride in Universal.

Cool stuff a friend of mine is working on the ride system for this project. I don't know how much I can say but I was surprised it's being built so far west from the Orlando park and the completed system will undergo testing for months here before shipping out to Orlando. The capacity worries me with what he told me.
I don't claim to know anything about this project, but, for what it's worth, capacity was a major concern of Hogwarts Express, and that went fine.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I don't claim to know anything about this project, but, for what it's worth, capacity was a major concern of Hogwarts Express, and that went fine.

As a theme park attraction, it's fine. As a mode of transportation to get from one park to another, I usually end up walking. :lol:

Reactions: TubaGeek
Doing the math based on the number I was told each show can hold and assuming a 3-4 minute show with 2 minute load and another 2 minute unload capacity would be 1,000 to 1,200 an hour. Not as bad as I originally thought but not great ether.

Last edited:
Doing the math based on the number I was told each show can hold and assuming a 3-4 minute show with 2 minute load and another 2 minute unload capacity would be 1,000 to 1,200 an hour. Not as bad as I originally thought but not great ether.
Certainly won't be as bad as the nightmare known as Frozen Ever After, and that will have much higher demand...

I think it's permanent. I think after HHN it will become the HHN clearance store for a little while, then become a Christmas store.

Wow. Watched Fallon last night and was shocked to see Pharrell Williams performing with the band on top of the marquee... I knew there wasn't that depth and space up there for a full band. Turns out the facade was sealed up in the 1970's (so many grand buildings in the US were crapped up in the 1970's). Comcast contracted for the entire building to be put back in it's original design. And so it has been. That and the marquee rebuilt to support performances. This bodes well for the coming facade at the Studios.

newyork_2_024.jpg

tumblr_ngn4m2BFpZ1qe91yro1_500.jpg

Isn't that gorgeous!

Teebin, as an art deco/architecture nerd I needed to jump in and say that this info isn't accurate, although it's an easy mistake to make. The above pics are not before and after pictures of the same entrance.

The Fallon marquee/stage was built on the 6th ave entrance to NBC. It's brand new -- there was no marquee there before. The art deco artwork has always been there and has been visible and was never sealed up.

The iconic "Rainbow Room/Observation Deck" marquees on 49th and 50th remain untouched and don't bear Fallon's name.

Reactions: AK-Jake
The Fallon marquee/stage was built on the 6th ave entrance to NBC. It's brand new -- there was no marquee there before. The art deco artwork has always been there and has been visible and was never sealed up.

Wild, I kinda read something about 6th ave but I assumed it was a typo. Where in hell is the 6th ave entrance? I didn't even know there was one... and I lived there! *running to google maps*

Update: DUH!!! Now I remember the rows of tall buildings on the opposite side of 6th Ave! I used to love to try to walk between them and see how far I could go looking straight up to the sky. I always started tipping over. A kind of reverse vertigo...

I never entered Rock from 6th in all the time I was there.

Thanks for the correction Kuribo!!!

Last edited:
I don't think it'll become a Christmas store because there's already a permanent one very close to it.

That store closed.

I think that other store it is still open. I think this could become a temporary store to sell Christmas stuff specifically to the crowds for the Macy's parade and Mannheim Steamroller performances not necessarily the typical ornament and decorations. The location is perfect for that assuming of course it's practical with whatever is going on with construction in that building.

The app still shows it open, I wasn't really paying attention but I'm pretty sure it was open when I walked by last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.