Project 766 - Employee Parking Garage | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Project 766 - Employee Parking Garage

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know...they are going to build a large parking garage for the employee's behind Jaws/HP 2.0 in the off season when there is less employees and guests so that they can utilize some of the guest parking garage while they do construction and then that way they can accommodate more employee's and then free up space for another E-ticket! :peace:

Haha just kidding, I really have no clue but that would be ideal in my mind. Excited to hear what it's really about anyway, just for the employee's or both.

Btw why is the Senior VP of attraction design and development in Creative involved in this "parking" garage but not the other parking and transportation projects? Think about that for a second.

Because it's going to be the best damn parking garage ever.

Time will tell but I stick with the monorail idea ..

HTF you said something big was gonna change in Citywalk , maybe a monorail station by Harris Civil E. ?

Something big will happen too on Wn'W site and parking lot on Idrive ...

Best way to link this expansion would certainly not be boats or buses !

And if project 766 is between MIB and Simpsons , I think about Star Trek by J.J IP

250px-Springfield_Monorail.gif

There are many considerations to take into play here. First of all, parking garages usually require level ground, so they're going to have to rip up the terrain there anyway. (Anyone who hasn't been back there, it's a pretty nice slope.) Second of all, it requires enough space to stage all of the gradbash buses during those events. That staging currently consumes ALL of the team member lot as it stands now. The likeliness of them trying to move backstage facilities there is a logistical improbability. It doesn't help the park because show buildings currently box in the park perimeter. There isn't enough space to justify building new streets on the otherside of Mummy and etc. The only ground for expansion is really the MIB plot and that is nowhere near the current parking lot. They really shouldn't move a pyro bunker into a parking garage, should they?

My thoughts are that Creative is on board to assist with watching sightlines (as much as possible) and potentially aesthetic work on the backstage areas.

Okay, anyone thinking this is a monorail is out of their gourd. Seriously, you guys.:bonk:

A monorail from TM parking to ??? :pound:

There are many considerations to take into play here. First of all, parking garages usually require level ground, so they're going to have to rip up the terrain there anyway. (Anyone who hasn't been back there, it's a pretty nice slope.) Second of all, it requires enough space to stage all of the gradbash buses during those events. That staging currently consumes ALL of the team member lot as it stands now. The likeliness of them trying to move backstage facilities there is a logistical improbability. It doesn't help the park because show buildings currently box in the park perimeter. There isn't enough space to justify building new streets on the otherside of Mummy and etc. The only ground for expansion is really the MIB plot and that is nowhere near the current parking lot. They really shouldn't move a pyro bunker into a parking garage, should they?

My thoughts are that Creative is on board to assist with watching sightlines (as much as possible) and potentially aesthetic work on the backstage areas.

I am not sure if this part was in regards to what I said, but obviously I was not suggesting moving the pyro bunker into a parking garage. The plot next to MiB is huge and there is quite a lot more than the bunkers. They will need to find lots of different places to move the different parts.

lance just posted something about this on screamscape actually, not sure if you guys saw this yet? Seems like it's going to be extending out almost to the river.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/universal_studios_florida.htm#Project766

No, Lance just doesn't know how to read plans. I know that sounds harsh, but this is patented misinformation and him giving out info he doesn't understand. The project area he's talking about is in reality the land that drainage basin A services, nothing more. It includes TM parking, the apartments behind USF, all the way around to the area behind Simpsons/MIB and some of the Hard Rock parking area.

aha. so we're still fairly certain this is going to be a TM parking garage?

A TM parking garage will be here by next summer, hell or high water. If this project is it, maybe or maybe not. But a parking garage is 100% certain in the next year.

No, Lance just doesn't know how to read plans. I know that sounds harsh, but this is patented misinformation and him giving out info he doesn't understand. The project area he's talking about is in reality the land that drainage basin A services, nothing more. It includes TM parking, the apartments behind USF, all the way around to the area behind Simpsons/MIB and some of the Hard Rock parking area.

It is true that you must include drainage plans in any large project like this. You can not pave over acres of land (edge to edge) and expect the water to just find it's way. :-X

This new parking garage is definitely exciting, whether you're a team member or not. It sucks having to get to work and drive around for 15-20 minutes looking for a parking spot, especially when you get to work in the afternoon but before most of the morning people leave, all while being afraid that you are going to be late to work even if you did come early. This can make a TM's day start better, in turn increasing their service.

Reactions: natespf

I've talked to Lance behind the scenes on 766 along with Chris and two others. While the transportation thing is definitely out there I assure you there are certain aspects of this project he is holding back at the moment. This thread may sit dormant for a while but this isn't just a parking garage. :thumbs:

I've talked to Lance behind the scenes on 766 along with Chris and two others. While the transportation thing is definitely out there I assure you there are certain aspects of this project he is holding back at the moment. This thread may sit dormant for a while but this isn't just a parking garage. :thumbs:

I'll believe it when I see it. As of now there is absolutely no evidence to it, and certainly not on any attainable documents.

With such a large amount of land his article mentions, could this be for a hyper coaster?