PS4 or 3DS | Inside Universal Forums

PS4 or 3DS

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 17, 2010
New York
Deciding on if I should invest in one of these consoles. Obviously it's a matter of preference. Always thought of myself as a Nintendo guy. Own a Wii U. But 3DS has some good exclusives as well. The thing that is having me questioning the 3DS is that Nintendo is coming out with this NX console soon and from what I've read it might be handheld in addition to being a home console

In the case of PS4, I own XBox One, got it at launch, but have been underwhelmed. PS4 seems to have the better exclusives. Always wanted to try the Uncharted games, and they have Street Fighter 5 coming out, and Street Fighter is one of my favorite franchises.

So while this is unlike comparing Xbox or PlayStation, but given the choice what would be the better buy?

This is an odd choice, I'll be the first to admit it! I'd say if you have the patients, wait till E3 to see what Nintendo and Sony do. Nintendo might announce what the NX actually is, and Sony could do a price drop on the system.

3DS has a great back catalogue of games including all DS games (if you never owned a DS). But the PS4 has the longer future and more interesting capabilities. I find myself playing the PS4 way more now than my 3DS for what its worth.

You already have a XB1 so you aren't missing out on multiplats and there still aren't many exclusives on PS4 yet (that changes this year). The 3DS has a great backlog, but like testtrack said, the NX is coming out soon and it's impact on the 3DS is unknown. I'd wait on both.

Wait for the NX, should be both home console and hand held and most likely they'll have backwards capability. Very strong rumors the NX is coming out this year, though it might just be the hand held part with the home console to follow in 2017.

I'd agree on waiting. If you already have an XB1 then I doubt that you will use it that much more than the PS4. XB1 currently has more exclusives so you wouldn't see that much more content you don't already have access to.

If you don't mind me asking what exclusives besides Uncharted are you looking for?

I'd even suggest waiting until details are announced about the handheld NX and if it's not backwards compatible, still get the 3DS, because it does really have some fantastic titles.

I'd agree on waiting. If you already have an XB1 then I doubt that you will use it that much more than the PS4. XB1 currently has more exclusives so you wouldn't see that much more content you don't already have access to.

If you don't mind me asking what exclusives besides Uncharted are you looking for?

Well Street Fighter 5, and its only exclusive to PS4 for whatever reason. I'm also a big baseball fan and MLB the Show is exclusive to Sony.