Quarantine watchlist | Inside Universal Forums

Quarantine watchlist

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sep 22, 2009
Leesberg, FL
Since most of us are stuck at home, why dont we use this thread to recommend films or tv shows that might make for a good watch? I would recommend Vivarium. It stars Jesse Eisenberg and Imogen Poots as a young couple who find themselves trapped in a surreal, odd neighborhood.It's weird, creepy, disturbing, funny, and thought-provoking. Plus, like us, these characters are trapped at one location for a lengthy period of time. Vivarium is available on Amazon and Google Play. Anyone else have recommendations?

Reactions: Scott W.
Survivor. There's 40 seasons available. Im a super geek about it, PM for recommendations lol. Most are on Hulu and Amazon Prime, and CBS.com but with ads.

Took advantage of the 30 day trial for CBS All Access to watch Picard. Definitely worth a watch, best Star Trek since Deep Space 9.

If you have Hulu, give Letterkenny a go. Great Canadian comedy. Also, even though I'm not too into Manga or Anime. My Hero Academia is fantastic viewing. Great animation and character development.

I posted this is in the postivity thread, but here are some of my fav SNL episodes of the past few seasons. Hope you all get a few laughs in!!!

Eveything is on Hulu and Youtube!

• Season 43: Ryan Gosling, Chance The Rapper, Saoirse Ronan, Sam Rockwell, Jessica Chastain, Will Ferrell, Sterling K Brown, John Mulaney, and Donald Glover.
  • Season 44: Adam Driver, Liev Schriber, Matt Damon, James Mcavoy, Halsey, Don Cheadle, John Mulaney, Idris Elba, Sandra Oh, Emma Stone, Adam Sandler, and Emma Thompson.
  • Season 45: Phoebe Waller Bridge, David Harbour, Chance The Rapper, Harry Styles, Will Ferrell (watch all the cut for time sketches on YouTube for this one), Scarlett Johansson, Eddie Murphy, Adam Driver, Rupaul, John Mulaney, and Daniel Craig.

Took advantage of the 30 day trial for CBS All Access to watch Picard. Definitely worth a watch, best Star Trek since Deep Space 9.
Oh man - have to wholeheartedly disagree here. Short of the final episode - I thought the entire season was a slog and never recaptured any of the magic from TNG. Stewart is way too old for the role and the story was a bore. I was so pumped for its debut and I never thought I would say I prefer Discovery, but I do.

Also - still can't get over the unnecessary (and mostly awkward) f-bombs CBS is including in these shows. There's very few properties where I would get upset about language...but Star Trek is one of them. It feels completely out of place and like a flex from CBS knowing they can do it on their platform but not on broadcast.

Last edited:
We started Picard yesterday and, two episodes in, I’m not “sold” on it yet. I’m intrigued, but not invested.

We’ll finish it, because Star Trek, but it feels sorta impressed with itself so far.

Binged The Order on Netflix over the weekend. Fun show, and excited for season 2 (assuming it ever actually finishes post production).

We just binged Locke & Key and Umbrella Academy on Netflix.
How was Locke & Key? I've been thinking of watching it soon. Just watched Tiger King and then went into the Aaron Hernandez doc. Thinking of watching The Boys next.

Watch.

Devs.

Nick Offerman deserves an Emmy for it... assuming the Emmys happen.

I'm kinda think I'm loving it, but something about it doesn't sit right. It does have the same brutul disregard for cast members as GOT did though! ;)

Just started watching 'Tales from the Loop' from Amazon. It feels a bit like if Speilberg made an episode of Black Mirror.

Also have been re-watching the Dark Knight trilogy, I think Batman begins (and the Dark Knight for that matter) is a truly fantastic comic book movie, better than 90% of what Marvel does now IMO.

I'm kinda think I'm loving it, but something about it doesn't sit right. It does have the same brutul disregard for cast members as GOT did though! ;)
If there’s one big issue with it, it’s that its science isn’t that shocking or new. It’s exploring stuff we’ve seen before, but dressing it up with overwrought dialogue. The performances and story are incredibly compelling though.

Reactions: Jamesh22
For those looking for free classics, Tubi TV has Ridley Scott's Thelma and Louise, Crackle has Kramer v. Kramer (perfect for Marriage Story lovers), and Youtube has David Cronenberg's The Brood.

Also, there's a tv show called How Not To Live Your Life that I'm a huge fan of and have watched for the first time in ages and it's hilarious. Well worth a watch if you can find it. If you can't, I can send you on the right path.

Finally got around to watching Uncut Gems the other day. Really enjoyed the stress filled thrill ride that it was, and has a really good soundtrack. Available on Netflix in every other country than the US, and in the US if you have a VPN or rent it like I did!

Reactions: Scott W.