Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 165 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think Spider Man is the only Universal ride that never ever gets a negative comment. Seems like there's always someone that will nit pick the other rides, even the great ones. Spider Man is sacrosanct, almost religious .
I would say Spiderman is probably the reason many of us are Universal fans...I remember it getting me into IOA and eventually led to IOA Central then Universal Excitement, and now here

Reactions: Mad Dog and Coasted
The worst thing about it, is that I don't think they've managed to top Spider-Man.

I think FJ are Gringotts are 2 rides that also push the envelope but yeah as the newness of Potter wears off I find myself having even more appreciation for Spiderman. I mean it's tough to be perfection. What other ride when it opened was immediately heralded as the greatest ride ever created. It's just perfect. Maybe Nintendo will have something special up its sleeves.

I think FJ are Gringotts are 2 rides that also push the envelope but yeah as the newness of Potter wears off I find myself having even more appreciation for Spiderman. I mean it's tough to be perfection. What other ride when it opened was immediately heralded as the greatest ride ever created. It's just perfect. Maybe Nintendo will have something special up its sleeves.
Unfortunately Universal sung its swan song very early and has been trying to top it ever since...I believe that Universal's next "Best ride ever made" lives in the world of the practical

I think Gary Goddard said in a podcast last year that in the newer 3D rides since Spiderman, the pacing or the storytelling is off. He didn't say explicitly, but I think he might have been referring directly to Gringotts, because he said too often in the new rides the vehicle stops, and it feels like the ride is start/stop, start/stop, too much to be fun or even tell a cohesive story.

I think Gary Goddard said in a podcast last year that in the newer 3D rides since Spiderman, the pacing or the storytelling is off. He didn't say explicitly, but I think he might have been referring directly to Gringotts, because he said too often in the new rides the vehicle stops, and it feels like the ride is start/stop, start/stop, too much to be fun or even tell a cohesive story.

I think this is a good reason as to why. Spider-Man is pretty much non stop from the second you go. It also benefits from a relatively simple story with good characters.

Spider-Man has excellent pacing in that it has a legitimate first act that takes its time and tells its story and builds the suspense... when the syndicate finds out that you're there, it's a non-stop chase in its "second act", leading to the "third act" when you get hit by the anti-gravity ray. Spider-Man has a cohesive story latched onto the fabric.

One could argue the same for Transformers, but that suffers from a very rushed "first act", compared to Spidey's build-up.

Gringotts is fun, but it's definitely off tonally and pacing-wise. I still really like it. FJ to me has always been dizzying nonsense with some good patches here and there. Universal does seem to have issues with story nowadays, glaringly evident with Kong. They just can't seem to keep it simple like Spider-Man.