Rare BTTF ride stuff | Inside Universal Forums

Rare BTTF ride stuff

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 25, 2013
I am looking for odd rare bttf ride posters or brochures from back when the ride was booming, god I miss that ride.. :embarassed:

BTTF The Ride defined Universal Studios as a theme park brand. It perfectly encapsulated what s Universal ride is all about... overwhelming sensory overload, cutting edge technology, and "riding the movies".

Watching the Ride video that is apart of the DVD collection shows that it really hasn't aged well. THe dinosaur was laughable. THe whole experience/ theme of the ride, I do miss.

Watching the Ride video that is apart of the DVD collection shows that it really hasn't aged well. THe dinosaur was laughable. THe whole experience/ theme of the ride, I do miss.

Gosh I got the first BttF DVD trilogy that came out, I hate how they always hold stuff back for the Anniversary Edition. :mad:

I missed riding Hollywood's BttF: The Ride by SIX WEEKS. It was already closed and being converted into Simpsons when I went to Universal for the first time in late-October, 2007. (I didn't make it to Orlando for another 2 years). As much as I would have enjoyed riding the attraction, I've seen the queue and ride films on the BttF Trilogy blu-ray set, and I have to admit that it doesn't look like I missed much. VERY cheesy, and VERY unrealistic. Back in its day, the ride was mind-blowing and revolutionary, but today it would have been laughable at best. I'm shocked that USJ's version is still open, and I figure they're due to close it here in the next year or two. I know it was sad to see it go--believe me, I was DYING to ride it when they announced its closure--but its day had long since passed.

Good luck on finding the original materials you seek…those would be awesome to have!

I'm right there with you guys. Losing Kong was sad, but we got a pretty awesome ride in its place...losing BTTF...whole 'nother story.

I personally think Kong was the toughest pill to swallow. However, it was at least replaced with something different and fun. They replaced BttF with the same ride with a new queue and film. The Simpsons Ride is one of the few things I dislike about Universal right now, I feel like they should've built a new type of attraction in its place. With rides like Spider-Man, Transformers and FJ the technology of BttF/Simpsons is kind of outdated, redundant and pointless IMO. BttF was special when it opened, but when they closed it they should've just done something totally different.

7753865260_b4772c87dc_b.jpg

here's one

Awesome picture Frenzy!! Shaggy looks like he's about to solve the mystery of how many hatchet chops it takes to get to the center of a human body.