Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Remake a Past HHN Maze

Jun 28, 2017
bring back means awil in 25 and remake like ghost town in 26,

bring back- the thing assimilation, the old psycho houses, and vampyr from 14

remake - gothic, creatures [with creatures this time ], and remake the original havoc with better sets.

bring back means awil in 25 and remake like ghost town in 26,

bring back- the thing assimilation, the old psycho houses, and vampyr from 14

remake - gothic, creatures [with creatures this time ], and remake the original havoc with better sets.
The original Scary Tales was excellent...I also wouldn't mind them bringing back Psychoscareapy: Home for the Holidays

The original Screamhouse updated to modern standards would be cool as well

remake the original havoc with better sets.

They already did that with Havoc: Derailed, but Havoc is the type of house which relies solely on the cast. The quality of the sets (Be it good, bad or reused), is honestly a non-factor.

For me I wouldn't bring back a house as is, since even if you have a fantastic house like AWiL in it's first year, you have the danger of it just not being as good as it was. Which is what happened with AWiL.

As for remake...
Hades - It's a killer theme, but having things like Cerebus and Hades himself this time would be nice.
Creatures! - Another good theme, just gotta' make sure wardrobe and the set designers are giving each other the right measurements.
Project Evilution - Doesn't have to be focused on Dinosaurs, I'd be down for any kind of genetic hybrids.
Where Evil Hides - Boogeyman/Childhood Fears are always ripe for a awesome house.

*I'd totally have Maximum Carnage on here as well, but I'm looking at houses you could plausibly bring back, and considering how Marvel wasn't fond of what happened in 2002...that's unfortunately a no.

The original Screamhouse updated to modern standards would be cool as well
:saywhat:

Screamhouse, literally, set the modern standard for HHN houses. It didn't use any "effects" aside from the bouncing coffin (still in use), the mirror gag (still in use), and a random pneumatic drop door that was use as startle distraction. If they brought it back, the only "update" it would "need" is the dual paths in the basement would need to be removed.

In today's PC culture and with the added popularity of the event, I can't see them ever trying something like Hellgate again.

Probably.

But you know what would really be good but will never happen?

Do a Mexican Prison overran by Cartel Members. Have Santa Muerte shrines everywhere,
torture Rooms and cells with Body Parts laying around. Have so much evil in there it opens a portal to hell at the end. Just a bunch of crazy stuff.

Now that would creep me out!

I have a wild imagination. LOL

Probably.

Do a Mexican Prison overran by Cartel Members. Have Santa Muerte shrines everywhere,
torture Rooms and cells with Body Parts laying around. Have so much evil in there it opens a portal to hell at the end. Just a bunch of crazy stuff.

Gotta have that El Chapo tunnel in there somewhere, too.

Probably.

This sounds like a Mexican version of Knott's Paranormal Inc. (a haunted hospital where the ghosts are unleashed and open a portal to hell that the guests travel through)

Bring back: Frankenstein-Creation of the Damned

Remake: Hell High (because I want to see it)

This sounds like a Mexican version of Knott's Paranormal Inc. (a haunted hospital where the ghosts are unleashed and open a portal to hell that the guests travel through)

Actually I'm basing it some of the things I've heard that goes on in Mexican Prisons. Except the hell portal at the end of course.

I feel like the whole year of HHN 15 could be redone in such a grand form now

I agree. I've been going since 14 and missed that year unfortunately. I still regret it to this day!

*trying to bring this thread back to life but*

I would love to see Hades & Orfanage come back since the concepts of both seem amazing, especially the latter. The Spawning & Leave it to Cleaver should be brought back too

*trying to bring this thread back to life but*

I would love to see Hades & Orfanage come back since the concepts of both seem amazing, especially the latter. The Spawning & Leave it to Cleaver should be brought back too

They definitely need a new Leave it to Cleaver. That is like 2nd on my favorite houses throughout the years. I was so immersed in that house that I was actually getting a little creeped out with the sets. And I loved the ending. How the entrance to a meat market is the end of a house.

They definitely need a new Leave it to Cleaver. That is like 2nd on my favorite houses throughout the years. I was so immersed in that house that I was actually getting a little creeped out with the sets. And I loved the ending. How the entrance to a meat market is the end of a house.

I’m really surprised they haven’t franchised LiTC, Nightengales, & Urban Legends/Legendary Truth. All of them seem made for sequels that wouldn’t get too repetitive

Alright. I'm bored, so I figure I would go into (further) detail about how I would've executed a fairly recent maze. That maze is Dead Exposure 2. I feel like it could've connected a bit better with the original, and done better at fitting the '80s aesthetic (yes it technically took place in 1982 but considering they were playing songs from the 2010s out front). Anyways, here's my kinda detailed attempt at a re-imagining:

DEAD EXPOSURE: RED PLAGUE
In 1987, Emily Duncan (nee McPherson) is visiting Munich, West Germany on her honeymoon across Western Europe. Unfortunately, in response to demands to tear down the Berlin Wall, a Soviet spy releases a biohazard that turns the population into angry, aggressive zombies. With the flash of her camera her only source of light, Emily captures the last horrific moments of her honeymoon and life on camera, and you are with her every step of the way.

0--Photo album
The location is still sprung tent 1, but the facade is a black box with photos of Emily and her husband Greg's wedding and honeymoon, along with a newspaper clipping simply captioned "tear down this wall." Three songs play in loop: 99 Luftballoons by Nena, Holiday in the Sun by Sex Pistols, and Photograph by Def Leppard.

1--Hotel room
You enter into a standard budget hotel room, but the lights are out and on the bed, Emily sits, cowering from the moaning noises outside. She panics incoherently, something about biowarfare, pleading for her husband Greg. A camera sits on a nightstand next to the bed.

(From here, it's basically the same as first...blacklight sets illuminated by strobes that go off in sync to the sound of a camera clicking.)

2--Alley

3--Bookstore

4--Cafe

5--Subway station

6--Subway tunnel

7--Sewer

8--Street
Coming out onto a street, you are surrounded by a swarm of zombies. Most are statues, a few of them are actors.

9--Spy
You turn into another alley, and discover the source of the outbreak: a scrim shows a spy in a in the distance with an open briefcase (think the cover of Megadeth's "Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?"). Another zombie pops out from behind a trash can.

10--Hotel room redux
Back in the hotel room, a zombified Greg has broken in and devours Emily's now-dead body, occasionally stopping to lunge at guests. A GSG 9 (German version of SWAT) member pops out of closet and shoots at Greg, trying to restore order. The outbreak has been contained to Munich, hopefully it never breaks out somehow...

Last edited:
Remake: Hell High (because I want to see it)
I’ve desperately wanted them to do a “Hell High: Reunion” or “Hell High: School Musi-kill.”

The reunion one would be a little more traditional, especially if they brought back the original killer (who was a cheap amalgamation of Freddy, Jason, and Leatherface).

Musi-Kill would be quirky as hell, especially if they actually make the house a musical where scenes center on lip-synching performers. Write 4-8 songs for the house, that play on a loop, so every time a guest goes in they’re likely hearing a different song.

I’m thinking something along the lines of Stage Fright, in an actual high school.