Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Remy's Ratatouille Adventure

From a "business" stand point, it makes no sense to open it with the pent up demand driving very strong numbers. It would make more sense to hold off until things start to die down to drive numbers up again. But they really aren't doing that as I think numbers will still be very strong through the Holidays regardless. They are holding it until the kick off for the 50th anniversary celebration, which I think is understandable considering how the pandemic caused other projects they had planned to open for the 50th to be delayed.

From a "business" stand point, it makes no sense to open it with the pent up demand driving very strong numbers. It would make more sense to hold off until things start to die down to drive numbers up again. But they really aren't doing that as I think numbers will still be very strong through the Holidays regardless.
I think I might copy and paste this to the Iron Gwazi thread as well

Personally, just as a fan, I guess I just have a philosophical disagreement with deliberately slow-rolling or outright sitting on (basically) finished projects.

From a "business" stand point, it makes no sense to open it with the pent up demand driving very strong numbers. It would make more sense to hold off until things start to die down to drive numbers up again. But they really aren't doing that as I think numbers will still be very strong through the Holidays regardless. They are holding it until the kick off for the 50th anniversary celebration, which I think is understandable considering how the pandemic caused other projects they had planned to open for the 50th to be delayed.

Delaying Tron and Guardians was a choice. They're trying to stretch out the new rides for as long as possible.

Guests are going to visit regardless. They could do nothing and still have record numbers next year.

Delaying Tron and Guardians was a choice. They're trying to stretch out the new rides for as long as possible.

Guests are going to visit regardless. They could do nothing and still have record numbers next year.
Of course it’s a choice, no one’s denying that. It really comes down to whether you agree with the choice or not. I get why they’re doing it - I don’t agree with it in principle - but knowing that all they have to do is run an ad campaign saying “we’re open!” and call it a day and virtually the same amount of people will be there this summer as if they were to open the ride makes me understand the why behind it.

Of course it’s a choice, no one’s denying that. It really comes down to whether you agree with the choice or not. I get why they’re doing it - I don’t agree with it in principle - but knowing that all they have to do is run an ad campaign saying “we’re open!” and call it a day and virtually the same amount of people will be there this summer as if they were to open the ride makes me understand the why behind it.

Precisely. They can ride the "We're open" wave for a few months and then the 50th Anniversary celebration ratchets up. So, they don't need to induce people to visit at this point. It's just bad show to hold the ride openings up, in my opinion.

Are they? This is the same executive thinking that lead to DCA 1.0 and summer 2019 at DLR. Never assume guests are just going to show up, and if they do, don’t assume they’ll return. See: the insanity of Cedar Point rn. I will always side with the guest experience.

Are they? This is the same executive thinking that lead to DCA 1.0 and summer 2019 at DLR. Never assume guests are just going to show up, and if they do, don’t assume they’ll return. See: the insanity of Cedar Point rn. I will always side with the guest experience.

Show up, sure. I think there's 2 years of delayed visits that will all come at once next year.

Whether they will return, I doubt it.

Yes.

The difference compared to those two is that they’re staring right at all of the summer hotel and theme park bookings. But if you just keep saying that people aren’t going to show up, I’m sure you’ll eventually be right one of these decades.

Show up, sure. I think there's 2 years of delayed visits that will all come at once next year.

Whether they will return, I doubt it.
If they come next year though, Ratatouille will be open (and possibly GotG depending on time of year), so i'm confused by the logic there.

It's really just the Summer months of this year where Epcot could use Ratatouille and it won't be open.

If they come next year though, Ratatouille will be open (and possibly GotG depending on time of year), so i'm confused by the logic there.

It's really just the Summer months of this year where Epcot could use Ratatouille and it won't be open.

The original discussion is that people will show up regardless of a new ride or not. My point is that once they show up, they might not want to return.

People have had trips booked years in advance and not being able to go for the last 2 years. They haven't cancelled, they've delayed their trip

The parks are going to be slammed next year. Ratatouille is an ok ride but it's barely going to do anything to reduce crowds.

Add in the new higher pricing for tickets. Look at Rise, you'll pay $161 for a single day ticket for this time next year to DHS and you might not get to ride it.

If you're staying on site, you're paying a new higher rate but you no longer get Magical Express, you no longer get early FP selection. I also would not be surprised to see a paid FP option when it returns.

Going to WDW next year is going to cost a fortune and it's going to be a miserable experience.

So per Len Testa/Disney Dish, a rumor going around is this will be the latest ride to get the infamous Boarding Groups. I have to once again stress this is merely a rumor, but I certainly hope it stays as one since implementing them on a clone of an attraction that's been around since 2014 (and never used nor needed them) is fairly mind-boggling to say the least.

Well, there is actually a reason they would put in Boarding Groups, and that's because it would force people to stay in Epcot, and not treat it as the "After 2pm" park hopper visit like most folks do. That or make the upcoming "Lightning Lane" all the more appealing to get.

The ride should have a capacity north of 2,000 guests per hour (assuming it operates as reliably as it does in Paris), which would make it the best of the most in-demand attractions at Epcot (Test Track, Soarin', Frozen) from that standpoint. Couple that with Fastpass still being dormant, and I see no reason the attraction would need to have boarding groups.

That said, since Disney seems to be relentlessly pursuing actions to make visits more complicated for its guests, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

The only conceivable excuse is that they're trying - under the guide of Covid safety - to prevent rope drop bum rushes to the newest thing on property. Note that I'm not saying it's a *good* excuse , just one that could be posed.

Not going to put a date on it, but we should have FastPass news in the near future (wouldn't be surprised if it's this week). And if my understanding is correct, boarding groups don't exactly jive with what's coming (at least to me as someone who can operate a phone at 7am).

Runaway Railway doesn’t have Boarding Groups. This doesn’t need it either.

They’ll turn the entire hub of Hollywood Studios into a queue for Runaway Railway during covid times and still never used boarding groups for it. There’s no (good) reason they couldn’t do the same with Ratatouille.