Revenge of the Mummy Refurb? | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurb?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 28, 2014
Orlando, FL
I've seen people talking a lot lately about the possibility of a ROTM refurb? Such as improved projection systems, AA's, special effects, etc...Just thought it'd be a good idea to start a thread about it...DISCUSS!:mummy:

The ROTM Upgrades thread seems to have disappeared. I hope after Hulk re-opens, their next big refurb should be this. Remove the odd soundstage theming at the beginning of the queue, remove the fake unload, remove the finale scene and get rid of those carnival style cardboard cutouts!

Also as someone mentioned in the Misc Refurbs thread, updating on the sign has begun.

Last edited:
The ROTM Upgrades thread seems to have disappeared. I hope after Hulk re-opens, their next big refurb should be this. Remove the odd soundstage theming at the beginning of the queue, remove the fake unload, remove the finale scene and get rid of those carnival style cardboard cutouts!

I agree with all of those, except for the fake unload, that is genius.

I also think that they should have the backwards launch a little stronger, have it so that the train partially goes up the hill and then falls back to the turntable, then the turntable moves and you go up for the forward launch.

Reactions: blue180

Also as someone mentioned in the Misc Refurbs thread, updating on the sign has begun.

If the Hulk refurb is a success; i'd still be weary of the Mummy Refurb unless the new reboot is successful. That being said, I agree with you entirely. replace the cutouts with projection mapping, replace the soundstage theming, and add more effects in the attraction. But, i'd say redo the entire Fake-unload and make it something like what Hollywood originally had before that scene got butchered for..strobes and fogs.

Also,
^^^ & ^^

Something has a case of Deja' Vu to me here..

Reactions: anihilnation
The fake unload is my favorite part of the ride, I don't want that to go.

You know what should go? That REALLY annoying unfunny video after the ride ends. I've ridden this ride dozens of times and still don't know what that has to do with the ride or why it's even there. Replace that with a more proper ending.

Reactions: anihilnation
The fake unload is my favorite part of the ride, I don't want that to go.

You know what should go? That REALLY annoying unfunny video after the ride ends. I've ridden this ride dozens of times and still don't know what that has to do with the ride or why it's even there. Replace that with a more proper ending.
It's a joke set up in the queue video, which I'm not sure the line is ever long enough anymore for most people to see, or if most people even ever watched it to begin with.

Yeah, the whole movie set idea should be replaced. Have the facade as the museum and have the first part of the queue as a museum exhibit, this would also tie things with the gift shop at the end, which could be the museum gift shop. And I agree, that fake unload is cool :)

Yeah, the whole movie set idea should be replaced. Have the facade as the museum and have the first part of the queue as a museum exhibit, this would also tie things with the gift shop at the end, which could be the museum gift shop. And I agree, that fake unload is cool :)
That makes sense. The exterior already sort of looks like a museum and it makes more sense to be a museum in New York then a film set.

Eh, I always thought it was pretty funny. "I would've enjoyed this interview a lot more if I had GOTTEN MY CUP OF COFFEE!"

True... if Walken is gone, Paxton is leaving, and Fraiser leaves, who will fill that "random but memorable celebrity appearance" niche?

Food for thought: Brendan Fraser was a total a$$hole and gave UC and Entertainment nothing but trouble for the grand opening of Mummy (Orlando). He wouldn't cooperate with anything that was asked of him. -Entertainment Manager (at the time)

And now the guy doesn't have a film career. Everyone, even a movie star, is replaceable.

This ride looked rough this weekend. It needs some serious love, because while the coaster is still great, the dark ride portions are at times painful.

Food for thought: Brendan Fraser was a total a$$hole and gave UC and Entertainment nothing but trouble for the grand opening of Mummy (Orlando). He wouldn't cooperate with anything that was asked of him. -Entertainment Manager (at the time)

I remember hearing something about this and didn't he in the end completely skip out on Orlando advertising for media? I'm pretty sure he and the villain guy were at the grand opening but after the ceremony he bailed. Anyways I'm all kinds of interested in your new avatar...

I just really really hope they put in a better Mummy AA at the beginning of the ride where the Mummy tells the the guy "SILENCE". That looks so tacky.

ROTM definitely needs to be on Universal's list for a major refurb. I love this attraction to death, it's actually one of my favorite attractions of all time, but it's just gotten to the point where it's really rough and starting to lose its charm(the abrupt stops at the fake unload and beetle section are really starting to hurt now). Two things i would like to see right off the bat as improvements are to make the ride "dark" again, its gotten way too bright(the turntable section is a great example of this). Second.....STOP running the trains so freaking close to each other, this is one of my biggest pet peeves with this attraction right now. I don't want to be able to blatantly hear audio from the opening scene when i haven't even entered the treasure room yet, or see the fire from the treasure room when i haven't even turned on the turntable yet, in short...i don't want to be able to see or hear what the train behind me is doing, it completely kills my immersion and is very annoying. Fix those two things i mentioned, add some new AA's, redo some of the track and transport segments to make it smoother, and i will be one happy camper.

Last edited: