Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Orlando had them. The same way I can remember specific, trivial moments about a HHN from 2002, is how I explicitly remember my shock they put leg ticklers on a coaster.

And I’ve never been to Hollywood, so it’s not like I’m getting them confused.

I think it’s entirely possible they didn’t always work. Universal, at the time, was extremely lax with maintenance of most things. But I’m positive they were there.

There's a Revenge of the Mummy Upgrades thread on this very site where people mentioned they'd like it if Universal brought the ticklers over from Hollywood.

I first rode it on passholder preview night about half a dozen times, and there were none then. I've done days where I've gotten 15+ rides in on it through single rider line and have never experienced it.
Here's a quote from @Clive on page 61 of this thread:
Hollywood's incarnation was not as well-received as Orlando's, leading park management to implement a number of kneejerk changes in the first few years of operation. This included slowing the speed of the vehicles in the dark ride component (to lengthen ride time, as many complained it was too short) and adding ankle ticklers to the Scarab scene.
It makes me wonder if this is one of those cases of Mandela Effect. I'm 3000% confident Orlando never had the ticklers.

Reactions: Mad Dog
'Cause they've never been there. ;)

What I’m seeing is people coming forward saying they’ve experienced the leg ticklers getting shut down, in quite a strong tone, by people who’ve never experienced the leg ticklers—basically this entire conversation feels bonkers to me.

If there’s a lack of concrete proof on their existence, can’t it just be that some people simply maybe have had different experiences on the ride than others??

Reactions: GA-MBIT
leg ticklers in Orlando are starting to sound more like a Figment Imagination. ;) ....so many times I hoped to experience them, since people on this site say they exist and are working, not just in the past but now in the present, and so many times I was disappointed....and up to the pandemic, I vacationed twice a year at Universal Orlando, 10 or more days each time. So I ride the Mummy a damn lot.

Reactions: WillQ92
What I’m seeing is people coming forward saying they’ve experienced the leg ticklers getting shut down, in quite a strong tone, by people who’ve never experienced the leg ticklers—basically this entire conversation feels bonkers to me.

If there’s a lack of concrete proof on their existence, can’t it just be that some people simply maybe have had different experiences on the ride than others??
When there's no instances of people saying the USF ride had them until just recently in this thread and elsewhere on this site(as far back as 2008, trust me I've done the homework before jumping in because I thought I was misremembering) one has to believe that some are not correct about this. I've ridden this ride a lot. Up until Hagrid it was my favorite ride on-property, and I make sure to ride it multiple times a trip. And pre-Covid, I was a passholder that went multiple times a week. If they were there, and I had ridden say 200 times since '05, wouldn't I have experienced them at some point? I'm no mathematician, but the odds don't work out on that.

Reactions: Mad Dog
When there's no instances of people saying the USF ride had them until just recently in this thread and elsewhere on this site(as far back as 2008, trust me I've done the homework before jumping in because I thought I was misremembering) one has to believe that some are not correct about this. I've ridden this ride a lot. Up until Hagrid it was my favorite ride on-property, and I make sure to ride it multiple times a trip. And pre-Covid, I was a passholder that went multiple times a week. If they were there, and I had ridden say 200 times since '05, wouldn't I have experienced them at some point? I'm no mathematician, but the odds don't work out on that.

Alright, between this, the “Figment Imagination”, the “Mandela Effect”, the tone of this conversation is seriously turning into something a lot more uncomfortable and it’s called gaslighting.

I know what I’ve experienced in the past on that ride, you know what you’ve experienced on that ride, let’s not shut each other down simply because we all have different experiences. Whatever the case may be, let’s try to steer this car from gaslighting territory.

Alright, between this, the “Figment Imagination”, the “Mandela Effect”, the tone of this conversation is seriously turning into something a lot more uncomfortable and it’s called gaslighting.

I know what I’ve experienced in the past on that ride, you know what you’ve experienced on that ride, let’s not shut each other down simply because we all have different experiences. Whatever the case may be, let’s try to steer this car from gaslighting territory.
You're implying a tone to my post that isn't even remotely there. As if I used Mandela Effect as a slur, rather than it's literal definition.

Because Universal has a sterling record of never opening attractions with inconsistent effects that just disappear instead of fixing them.

Reactions: Allison
You're implying a tone to my post that isn't even remotely there. As if I used Mandela Effect as a slur, rather than it's literal definition.

Gaslighting is a form of psychological abuse where a person or group makes someone question their sanity, perception of reality, or memories. People experiencing gaslighting often feel confused, anxious, and unable to trust themselves.”

So you wanna tell me again how telling me you’ve been on the ride 200 times, passholder previews, etc., etc., etc., so the math doesn’t add up to you because I happened to experience something that you didn’t?? You wanna tell me that that’s not gaslighting?

Gaslighting is a form of psychological abuse where a person or group makes someone question their sanity, perception of reality, or memories. People experiencing gaslighting often feel confused, anxious, and unable to trust themselves.”

So you wanna tell me again how telling me you’ve been on the ride 200 times, passholder previews, etc., etc., etc., so the math doesn’t add up to you because I happened to experience something that you didn’t?? You wanna tell me that that’s not gaslighting?
Yes, I sure will. I stand by everything I've said.

Yes, I sure will. I stand by everything I've said.

So, you’re admitting to gaslighting me simply because I didn’t have the same experience on a rollercoaster that I have...

gA4LeRJ.gif

Duly noted.

• Haha
Reactions: WillQ92