Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 90 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Its our favorite ride at Universal. We had no idea what it was the first time we rode, you can imagine our surprise. We thought it was a simple dark ride.

We try to get to Universal as often as we can but the latest was a five year gap between visits. We rode it in June, and frankly, I was surprised at how rough the ride was. Maybe I'm just older. Also, the mummy wasn't working, the bug effect was off and the last stop at the coffee scene was way too hard. Whiplash.

Reactions: MrBlonde
I mean my name here is named after a part of this ride so.....

Why is being worried about parts of your favorite ride changing seen as a negative? It’s a concern, for me, and my enjoyment of the ride, doesn’t speak to the idea of a refurb overall. Naturally people wouldn’t want to lose favorite parts of their rides.

Sometimes, only sometimes, it does feel there’s a gang up mentality here to rain on people’s parades who don’t want things they love to change. Both feelings are able to be had by most here, remember that.

When Big Thunder Mountain at Disneyland got renovations technologically and creatively, was there ever discourse negatively?

Why can't Mummy have a similar level of love and care? Genuinely curious here.

Nobody is saying anything negative, a bunch of (the same) people just took an opportunity to get defensive and freak out at a reasonable statement.

Don’t let a couple overreactions to ONE comment create an illusion of there being “negative discourse.”

Why is being worried about parts of your favorite ride changing seen as a negative? It’s a concern, for me, and my enjoyment of the ride, doesn’t speak to the idea of a refurb overall. Naturally people wouldn’t want to lose favorite parts of their rides.

Sometimes, only sometimes, it does feel there’s a gang up mentality here to rain on people’s parades who don’t want things they love to change. Both feelings are able to be had by most here, remember that.
I love the Mummy and I really don’t want it to close. It deserves an overhaul.

Jesus Christ is there anything good or is your only personality trait “contrarian”. It’s going for a long refurb because it’s staying but somehow you can make it into a bad thing. Unbelievable.
Genuinely what's the point of posts like these? People are allowed to have opinions. There was at best minor concern in their post and you chose to randomly escalate it into attacks? As a staff member representing the site?

The poster in question always assumes the worst. Jumping to "oh they're going to ruin the ride" based only on the length of the refurbishment is a wild leap.

Change is constant, especially in theme parks.

Reactions: Nico
6 months?

I'm guessing some major upgrades to the actual system.

Premiere launch tech has come a long way since 200(3?)

As for Brendan being removed, the movies are still very popular and stepping into "classic" territory so I don't see him needing to go

Animations were *just* updated and are fine

My expectations are not set terribly high for new effects or storyline or anything like that

But this does mean that Mummy will be around for a while

The poster in question always assumes the worst. Jumping to "oh they're going to ruin the ride" based only on the length of the refurbishment is a wild leap.

I did not say they were going to ruin the ride. At worst, you could characterize what I said as, "I don't want them to change the ride too much." And I also said that if it's just a standard (needed) refurbishment, then that's great.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
You called the length "concerningly long". I dunno how anyone is supposed to read that as anything other than an assumption that you think it will be a negative.

7 - 8 months seems long unless they are redoing the track, yes.

And if they are (to caveat it once again, because apparently that's necessary in every post now), then that's great.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Yes, great that the attraction will be around, perhaps longer than some speculated. I'm curious as to whether this will be limited to some track replacement, or whether there will be story/thematic changes.
Myself, the Cup of coffee finale is my fav part of the ride. ...Now, if they do a storyline change, it could present itself as a marketing opportunity for Universal, namely the "New" Adventures of the Mummy. Anyway,
I'm just happy they're staying with this great attraction. I'd prefer the theme story/remain, with upgrades, but it still would be fine if they had a new story line.