Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 119 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Getting it right is many many times more important than getting it open within the next couple of weeks. You guys want to stand in line for two hours, and have it break down repeatedly, and
get no ride in that case anyway. Or wait until it's running smooth and you're close to 100% in getting on in a typical 15 to 60 minutes line.

Guys.... there's a reason why there is no rush to reopen Mummy. You're already getting a Mummy house for HHN. THAT is your holdover for them to fix all the scarabs & make sure it's less kinky.

Getting it right is many many times more important than getting it open within the next couple of weeks. You guys want to stand in line for two hours, and have it break down repeatedly, and
get no ride in that case anyway. Or wait until it's running smooth and you're close to 100% in getting on in a typical 15 to 60 minutes line.
Especially since ride breakdowns goes together with more evacs. Now, I don't think Mummy is hard to evac, but it is still something we want to avoid, as regardless it is an involved process. At Ripsaw, when we have to evac we are looking at an hour of downtime.

I am also reminded here of when Seaworld opened Antarctica, it was a fiasco as they had never properly tested the ride for an extended period and it almost immediately broke down. I know this because I was there in the line for what was promissed to be the greatest thing ever, so after the delay when hours later I finally got to ride this I was like: this is it?

I was sooo confident last month about being able to ride. My trip is Sept 3-11, Tempering expectations in 5.4.3.2...
I leave on the 11th as well. It will open the 12th. This is what I get for accidentally timing my 2016 trip to catch hulk and kong and toothesome all opening.

• Haha
Reactions: devinp267
I was sooo confident last month about being able to ride. My trip is Sept 3-11, Tempering expectations in 5.4.3.2...

our trip is 4-9, so I feel your pain. My daughter and I actually count the number of times we ride mummy, so we’re super bummed but we blitz theparks and HHN, so this will force us to spend more time on some other stuff we never have time for, like one more ET ride or a slower meal at Finnegans or Lombard’s, or the Storm teacups. Stupid, I know, but we love them teacups before lunch.

Reactions: devinp267