Revenge of the Mummy (USH) | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How long has the end scene had the effects turned off? And why has that never been addressed? It's been a huge buzzkill for me, because I really enjoy the opening scenes and first launch

Back in 2007 the park ran a special promotion of an extra scary Mummy and wetter Jurassic Park. The current ending was part of that promotion.

The old ending just never returned.

I'm very happy to see Mummy stick around for longer, I still love it. Mummy and JW are the 2 most reridable rides in the park for me.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Yeah but that contract is coming up. Disney now owns it so they will either charge mucho moolah to renew or they won't be interested in renewing the contract.
I Know but I'm saying if they had to change one now....it would be mummy

I like Mummy but it's not some big draw, the coaster is fine for families but the effects at this point are mostly old or broken and Simpsons just makes money. So while it confuses many on why Mummy would go away first...this is why Simpsons are going to be around for a few more years until they are forced to re theme

Wasn't this the person trying to tweet out survey stuff? Also looking at this person's tweet history, the person really went to the haunted mansion test screen and leaked all the surprises... we all signed NDA's for that one lol
Yeah they do seem a little problematic don’t they ?

Hollywood is not my home park so I will ask would you guys prefer the Mummy staying open a couple more years with no major refurbishment or just go ahead and close it to make way for something else ?

Yeah they do seem a little problematic don’t they ?

Hollywood is not my home park so I will ask would you guys prefer the Mummy staying open a couple more years with no major refurbishment or just go ahead and close it to make way for something else ?

Refurbishment or not, it needs to (and undoubtedly will) stay open at least until the F&F coaster is open in a few years. I'd personally love if, after F&F is open, they were to go in and give Mummy a whole lot of love and overhaul it to give it a new lease on life, but realistically, I know it won't happen; I just can hope that whatever it inevitably gets replaced with is something wonderful. (And in a perfect world, we'd lose Mummy, one classic monster, to make way for our own version of EU's Monsters Land so we can celebrate all the monsters, but I digress.)

Refurbishment or not, it needs to (and undoubtedly will) stay open at least until the F&F coaster is open in a few years. I'd personally love if, after F&F is open, they were to go in and give Mummy a whole lot of love and overhaul it to give it a new lease on life, but realistically, I know it won't happen; I just can hope that whatever it inevitably gets replaced with is something wonderful. (And in a perfect world, we'd lose Mummy, one classic monster, to make way for our own version of EU's Monsters Land so we can celebrate all the monsters, but I digress.)
I’d be down for a Monsters land but have the E-ticket be a big indoor coaster themed to the monsters, drop track and all.