Revenge of the Mummy (USH) | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The internet gives too much power to random unvetted accounts lol
More reason to pay heed to the good sites, like Brian's IU and Alicia's Theme Park Stop, that have reliable , somewhat vetted, info....and to ignore the info coming from most of the others......and also keep in mind
that sometimes rumors are purposely floated from the companies themselves when too much info is dripping out and they're giving false info to those they suspect are leaking the real info.

I wouldn't mind seeing a version of Universal Monsters World come to Hollywood that should honestly be the next big project here in Hollywood.:pumpkin:

I need that at USH more than anything, complete with a massive E-Ticket Classic Monsters ride.. combining the best scenes from our various Classic Monsters HHN houses with a snazzy ride system like a Kuka arm or a Gringott's-style coaster would be nothing short of amazing!!

I need that at USH more than anything, complete with a massive E-Ticket Classic Monsters ride.. combining the best scenes from our various Classic Monsters HHN houses with a snazzy ride system like a Kuka arm or a Gringott's-style coaster would be nothing short of amazing!!
Where would this hypothetical UCM land go ?

Mummy is safe a least through Horror Nights 2023. However, I would not be surprised if Mummy closes soon afterwards.
I doubt this. With rumors of Bourne, DK, F&F, plus the end of the Simpsons contract creeping up, I don’t think removing the Mummy is a big priority for USH now. That’s especially considering that they just threw a few million into restore the roof as Brian brought up.

I’m actually going to make a bold prediction: I really think Simpsons and Springfield will leave before Mummy does.

Mummy seems like the most likely location for Donkey Kong. It also makes sense that the main reason we are getting a Fast and Furious ride is so that the park has a major coaster for when Mummy leaves.

Mummy seems like the most likely location for Donkey Kong. It also makes sense that the main reason we are getting a Fast and Furious ride is so that the park has a major coaster for when Mummy leaves.

Agreed re needing a major coaster before Mummy departs but...

The rumors have been that something big is planned for 2026 and 2028 so if we assume F&F is 2024 then Mummy would need to be demolished in 2023 in order to get DK built and open for 2026. That isn't happening when they just spent a load of money on the building and they are already planning a HHH house for that location in 2023.

If DK comes, I think it's going somewhere else. Most likely is that F&F and DK are open before we lose Mummy.

Reactions: Mad Dog

The rumors have been that something big is planned for 2026 and 2028 so if we assume F&F is 2024 then Mummy would need to be demolished in 2023 in order to get DK built and open for 2026. That isn't happening when they just spent a load of money on the building and they are already planning a HHH house for that location in 2023.

If DK comes, I think it's going somewhere else. Most likely is that F&F and DK are open before we lose Mummy.
I know they just redid the roof, but man that paint job is already deteriorating a bit it seems

Hmm I wonder if they'll replace Springfield with donkey kong since it has to go anyway most likely. Though I suppose DK is more likely to replace a Soundstage instead.

I don’t see why Simpsons would leave. Disneys raking in free money.
Disney doesn't want to rake in free money on IPs that they'll literally NEVER use in their parks for HHN. Why would they want to continue raking in free money on an IP that I could very easily see them using at DHS/DCA? A Simpsons themed area would be a great replacement for Hollywoodland, for example.

Plus, even if they didn't build an attraction, there's a lot of money to be made in merchandising and F&B with the IP.

Disney doesn't want to rake in free money on IPs that they'll literally NEVER use in their parks for HHN. Why would they want to continue raking in free money on an IP that I could very easily see them using at DHS/DCA? A Simpsons themed area would be a great replacement for Hollywoodland, for example.

Plus, even if they didn't build an attraction, there's a lot of money to be made in merchandising and F&B with the IP.

Did you just tell me Disney doesn’t want free money and instead wants to spend money? Sure Jan.

Reactions: frank_1991_
Did you just tell me Disney doesn’t want free money and instead wants to spend money? Sure Jan.
Once again, they already aren’t even accepting free money for IPs they’ll never use.

I’m not even saying they’ll use it in the parks, but It doesn’t take much money to retheme a F&B and merch location to Simpsons in DCA's Hollywood land.

The real question here is why would Disney let a rival keep using one of their IP’s? Especially one that fits their parks so well and will be cemented as a “Disney franchise” in people’s minds by 2028 or whenever it leaves considering how long it’ll have been on Disney+ and their continued presence at D23 Expo.