Ride refurbishments | Inside Universal Forums

Ride refurbishments

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
U

UniversalFan

I'm surprised that many of Universal Studios Hollywood's attractions doesn't get a refurbishment. Last time we saw a refurb for Mummy was never. And Simpsons, no refurb, HOH, no refurb, even Shrek. I think they don't refurb it is either: it doesn't need one, or to make the price of the park fair.

Reactions: alexvstorace
Jurassic Park got one last fall. Of course, it needs so much more than that, but still.

No attractions will see major refurbs until at least 2015.

I'm surprised that many of Universal Studios Hollywood's attractions doesn't get a refurbishment. Last time we saw a refurb for Mummy was never. And Simpsons, no refurb, HOH, no refurb, even Shrek. I think they don't refurb it is either: it doesn't need one, or to make the price of the park fair.
Well, to be fair, attractions do get maintenance when needed, and I don't think Simpsons is in need of anything major. Same goes with Shrek, House of Horrors or even Mummy.

Jurassic Park is high maintenance, and it received a refurbishment last Fall as Brover mentioned. Things can always be in a better state, sure, but I don't think anything is in a state of disarray.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Krusty
Is there anything about Mummy that's been sticking out recently? I don't ride it that often, so I'm curious to know.

Is there anything about Mummy that's been sticking out recently? I don't ride it that often, so I'm curious to know.
They added a smoke effect at the beginning of the ride.

^ where exactly?

And I've noticed the ihmotep animatronic has been working on and off recently. But I agree, I wish Universal Creative can go in and add additional effects. Wouldn't require much down time. Similar to what Disney does with Ghost Galaxy and what they just did with the new amazing Mara god effects. (Which look amazing in person)

Simpson's projection needs a recalibration or be checked out or maybe one of the projectors are faulty, but on two separate visits recently, one of the dome's footage had a long digital thin line run though the middle top left of the entirety of the footage. Looked horrible.

Reactions: Krusty
No idea why they would add it, but it happened

Last edited:
Honestly, JP needs a big refurb. 

I love the ride more than anything else but it's animatronics show their age. The baby Brachiosaur's looks like it has a broken neck. The Psittacosaurus skins are bleached and they are stiff as a board. The dilos look alright but the Raptors however are barely alive. I sometimes see guests miss them entirely. Rexy is honestly great the first attack, but again guests miss her because she comes out so late. The final Rex plunge while better than FL still lacks. The arms and feet are out of alignment and I'd love to see some better animatronics work while keeping her as close as she gets.

I love the ride more than anything else but it's animatronics show their age. The baby Brachiosaur's looks like it has a broken neck. The Psittacosaurus skins are bleached and they are stiff as a board. The dilos look alright but the Raptors however are barely alive. I sometimes see guests miss them entirely. Rexy is honestly great the first attack, but again guests miss her because she comes out so late. The final Rex plunge while better than FL still lacks. The arms and feet are out of alignment and I'd love to see some better animatronics work while keeping her as close as she gets.
I completely agree. Maybe it's been like this for a while, but when I went a few weeks ago, the first dilo that you see inside the boat before the falling car part was moving extremely sluggish almost in slow motion. I remember it moving quite a bit faster than that on all of my previous visits.

YES.