Ride The Movies- Behind The Scenes: USH (2001) | Inside Universal Forums

Ride The Movies- Behind The Scenes: USH (2001)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Great share. I just skimmed through parts of it, but it's interesting to note that they're using footage from Japan's version of WaterWorld intermixed with Hollywood. Seems like an odd decision, but it's a fantastic video nonetheless.

Shame they don't make them anymore.

Yeah, the park desperately needs more merchandise like this (updated of course). Perhaps when Potter arrives they will finally go all-out again with the park overall in terms of merchandise quality. And funny that you notice they used footage from different parks at times! Notice in the Jurassic Park- The Ride area of the video that they intercut at times with the boat from IOA. You can tell because the boat says "River Adventure" on it, whereas the USH boats just have the standard Jurassic Park logo.

Reactions: William
I'm guessing you would be if you didn't like motion simulators. From what I've heard, it's pretty intense.
Indiana Jones intense?? or Tranformers intense?? I don't consider myself someone that gets dizzy easily, sometimes I get off of Transformers feeling that the floor is moving but slightly and no nausea whatsover and I can ride The Mummy 3 times straight and no dizzines.

It's a bit more intense than Transformers. With Transformers, you're sitting comfortably in a vehicle with space for your bags and belongings, no lockers needed whatsoever. With Potter, lockers are necessary - all boundaries are crossed on the ride (except for being upside down), making it a truly unforgettable experience. For someone prone to motion sickness, you'd better take some motion sickness relief meds - this ride will make you queasy.

then I'll be ok I guess... one of my student's mother is prone to motion sickness. She got sick in Space Mountain and felt dizzy in Transformers... she obviously ditch The Mummy

Nowadays I take motion sickness pills before I go to any theme park. I'm pretty darn prone to motion sickness, and simulators only provoke it.

The first time I visited Universal Orlando (before I started taking those pills), I rode Forbidden Journey 3 times. The first time, I enjoyed the ride and couldn't find any words to explain it. I was a bit nauseous afterward, though. The second time, I prevented my nausea as best I could by looking at the behind-the-scenes type things and looking at how the ride worked to distract myself, but I still couldn't help but look at the screens and enjoy the ride. I mean, c'mon - it was only my second time on the ride! I felt a bit nastier after that.. The third time, I tried to let the ride envelop all my senses to see if I could completely enjoy the ride, and truly let myself into the chaotic adventure that is Forbidden Journey. Big. Mistake. For the remainder of my trip in Orlando, I felt sick to my stomach 24/7.

I've missed these videos for quite a while. I remember thinking when I stopped seeing these, it seemed there was always something changing and I kept waiting and waiting for the park to be "stable" thinking that maybe then they would put the money into making one that wouldn't be outdated in 6 months. I guess that's almost impossible to do now.