Riding the Monorail? | Inside Universal Forums

Riding the Monorail?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We are going to Epcot in June for the very first time and my first time in a Disney park since the 90's - my questions is, can you ride the monorail just to ride it? Or do you have to be a Disney Resort Hotel guest? We are staying at a Universal Resort and we are only visiting Epcot for the one day. Only asking because I am bringing my two boys along for their first Disney park and it would be cool to ride it if at all possible. Thanks in advance

We are going to Epcot in June for the very first time and my first time in a Disney park since the 90's - my questions is, can you ride the monorail just to ride it? Or do you have to be a Disney Resort Hotel guest? We are staying at a Universal Resort and we are only visiting Epcot for the one day. Only asking because I am bringing my two boys along for their first Disney park and it would be cool to ride it if at all possible. Thanks in advance
Anyone can ride any train. Sorry it will not be the same ride you remember but I hope the kids have a good time

Edit to add; they no longer allow guests to ride up front with the pilot.

Just don't take the monorail if you HAVE to be somewhere at a specific time. Right now the monorails are having all kinds of problems with the new computer controls systems.

Reactions: myheartisinFlorida
Yes, expect downtime 3-4 times each day on each line. Sometimes just 15-20 minutes, sometimes 1 hour plus. The aging equipment combined with the new computer system means they often go down. Don't rely on the monorail to get anywhere at a specific time.

Reactions: myheartisinFlorida