Run Disney | Inside Universal Forums

Run Disney

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 4, 2009
Windermere
http://www.rundisney.com/

Recently my dad gave me his medal from the inaugural WDW Marathon and I've decided to let his good habits rub off on me. The Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon is the one I want to go for but 2012 is sold out so I'll have to shoot for 2013. Anyway, I've started jogging three to four times a week to get into the groove and was wondering if anyone here has ran a Run Disney event before and, if so, have tips to offer up?

I ran the Everst Challenge last May and had a blast. It was only a 5K so I really didn't have to train like it was a half marathon or full, my goal is to eventually run a half. Check out Run Disney's site and on there you should find training schedules to fit the race you want to run and if you follow them it should get you in good shape for race day.

I ran the Everst Challenge last May and had a blast. It was only a 5K so I really didn't have to train like it was a half marathon or full, my goal is to eventually run a half. Check out Run Disney's site and on there you should find training schedules to fit the race you want to run and if you follow them it should get you in good shape for race day.

Yea, I've read up on it. It's a great site. I was just trying to get some testimonies from you fellas. Oh, and let me tell you how I vastly underestimated the distance to the front gate and back to my house. Estimated it was about a quarter mile...it is actually a half. I ran 6 miles instead of 3, haha. Hell of a start.

Yea, I've read up on it. It's a great site. I was just trying to get some testimonies from you fellas. Oh, and let me tell you how I vastly underestimated the distance to the front gate and back to my house. Estimated it was about a quarter mile...it is actually a half. I ran 6 miles instead of 3, haha. Hell of a start.

I have yet to run any of the longer races but would love to in the future but i would have to get back into running seriously again since I have been a slacker lately lol. The only tips I can give as far as the Everest challenge goes is try to sign up as a single runner. They put the teams in the later waves and singles in the first 2 waves so if you got stuck at one of the later waves not only did your start time get pushed back from 9pm to almost 10pm but you also have the hassle OF trying to run thru the park while everyone in the earlier waves are wandering around the park doing the scavenger hunt. Lots of weaving in and out of the crowds for sure. That was a great start :happy: There are some run training aps out there also you can use to help you prepare and great training companions.