SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am looking forward to hearing more about the resort hotels being planned for Busch Gardens Tampa and Sea World Orlando. Now that they have been given the green light.

Reactions: Disneyhead
I'm gonna put this here because it seems like this is the SeaWorld new project thread.

I forgot to take pics, but between TurtleTrek and Dolphin Cove a new overlook is being built. It looks over the rescue and rehabilitation pools for some of the rescue operations and also has a general view of the rescue ops area.

That section you mentioned is now open along with the reopening of the manatees viewing area

The Manatees Rehabilitation is listed on my physical park map, not spectacularly , but it's there.IMG_20160319_1758067_rewind.jpg Or is that what the area was called in recent years?

The Manatees Rehabilitation is listed on my physical park map, not spectacularly , but it's there.View attachment 1696 Or is that what the area was called in recent years?
Oh, didn't notice that. I was really looking for it to be visually on the map but it shows the path that leaves back there at least. Do ya think you could post a pic of Mako from the map in the Mako thread?

New Dolphin Exhibit for 2017

Really? It is needed. The current one is lacking especially now that they changed where the feeding occurs. I would also hope they would update the show (even though I like it), but I know it won't happen is that just went thru a pretty big maintenance period. They wouldn't have done that if it was going to be replaced.

Really? It is needed. The current one is lacking especially now that they changed where the feeding occurs. I would also hope they would update the show (even though I like it), but I know it won't happen is that just went thru a pretty big maintenance period. They wouldn't have done that if it was going to be replaced.
I don't think @hatetofly is referring to a complete rebuild. I can see a large renovation occurring, but the current Dolphin Habitat is probably one of the best habitats they have. Maybe he is actually referring to the show instead.

Anyhow, assuming this is the 2017 minor development, I don't understand why this is a priority ahead of fixing Atlantis or Wild Arctic.

Last edited:
Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I don't think @hatetofly is referring to a complete rebuild. I can see a large renovation occurring, but the current Dolphin Habitat is probably one of the best habitats they have. Maybe he is actually referring to the show instead.

Anyhow, assuming this is the 2017 minor development, I don't understand why this is a priority ahead of fixing Atlantis or Wild Arctic.

The dolphin area needs to be larger for people to interact or see the dolphins. It is the only one people can't really get up close enough with the animals. The under water area is hit or miss, but the above water area is very small because of all the feeding area and the dolphins are never in that area. So it is a miss 90% of the time. So while it looks decent, it is not built for people to actually see the dolphins all that well unless you pay money. Which I get they want you to pay money, but they do need a slightly better free viewing area since even their other feeding tanks have this.

Reactions: anihilnation
The dolphin area needs to be larger for people to interact or see the dolphins. It is the only one people can't really get up close enough with the animals. The under water area is hit or miss, but the above water area is very small because of all the feeding area and the dolphins are never in that area. So it is a miss 90% of the time. So while it looks decent, it is not built for people to actually see the dolphins all that well unless you pay money. Which I get they want you to pay money, but they do need a slightly better free viewing area since even their other feeding tanks have this.
I agree. And with the new set up there is even less space, since the majority of it goes to those paying for the up close encounter.

Also, probably won't happen, but they should put a flatride somewhere near that area.

I agree. And with the new set up there is even less space, since the majority of it goes to those paying for the up close encounter.

Also, probably won't happen, but they should put a flatride somewhere near that area.
That would be nice actually. Simply take one from Happy Harbor and plop it there with some new Key West themed paint.

Reactions: anihilnation
Wait a second. I think this might be related to the SeaWorld Rescue dark rides, specifically the Jeep one. Look at this concept art:
0qP3RVX.jpg

The animals featured in the background are dolphins. Could the new Dolphin exhibit actually be for this ride? Also, if the ride is built in between the Dolphin exhibit and SeaWorld Rescue areas it could also include a point in the ride where your RV goes onto the roof and looks over into the SeaWorld Rescue area.

Wait a second. I think this might be related to the SeaWorld Rescue dark rides, specifically the Jeep one. Look at this concept art:
0qP3RVX.jpg

The animals featured in the background are dolphins. Could the new Dolphin exhibit actually be for this ride? Also, if the ride is built in between the Dolphin exhibit and SeaWorld Rescue areas it could also include a point in the ride where your RV goes onto the roof and looks over into the SeaWorld Rescue area.
Makes sense. The new habitat for the dolphins is going to be swell regardless. Would love if this is just the start.

I think the SeaWorld Rescue ride was supposed to replace either Wild Arctic or the former Hospitality House.