SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 124 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Rudaoph is probably an IP where no once actually realizes anyone has exclusive rights. It is better to keep the money diversified and no one realizing it.

This should be a great addition for the park. A much-needed indoor ride that will exit into an excellent animal exhibit. The Mack Airific design should help with capacity too. Assuming a 36-seat capacity and a 4:30 ride time, the simultaneous loading/riding should theoretically mean a throughput of 480 people an hour per theater. The question would then be how many theaters are there going to be?

This should be a great addition for the park. A much-needed indoor ride that will exit into an excellent animal exhibit. The Mack Airific design should help with capacity too. Assuming a 36-seat capacity and a 4:30 ride time, the simultaneous loading/riding should theoretically mean a throughput of 480 people an hour per theater. The question would then be how many theaters are there going to be?
Remember that this is SeaWorld operating the ride, it takes them 4-7 minutes to load a single train.

Hoping for 2 theaters.

It's never too late for a flying theater. . .
I think it's fine, but doubt we see much interest around it that can draw significant crowds. The awe of motion simulator tech has gone away, but this should do well as the single indoor experience in the park.

Remember that this is SeaWorld operating the ride, it takes them 4-7 minutes to load a single train.
This is true, but hopefully the fact that the normal operation of the ride requires dispatching on a predefined interval (rather than a roller coaster where trains can just pile up on the brake run) will encourage ride ops to move fast enough to make the deadline. Otherwise they'd have to halt the ride experience and leave 36 people dangling in a dark theater every time there's a delayed dispatch on the other side, which will be extra awkward if the final turn around and moments after are a scripted scene of the ride like RiseNY.

Pretty interesting story came out today that SeaWorld is being ordered by a federal judge to pay Sesame Street $11M for neglecting to pay licensing fees in 2021.

Per the article... "SeaWorld accused Sesame of exploiting the pandemic when its parks were closed...". SeaWorld is essentially saying that they couldn't afford to pay the licensing fee, and is effectively resorting to calling Sesame greedy.

This is the same company that exploited the pandemic by adding a 5% surcharge fee to all in-park purchases... and to this day still does.

I'm not the smartest person in the world, but arguing with the most (and only) significant IP available to your parks is a bold strategy. Somehow they keep finding ways to ruin their reputation.

Based on the plans for the ride it will have 2 theaters. Not sure why the third theater was left untouched? Its not for queue space I think.

Based on the plans for the ride it will have 2 theaters. Not sure why the third theater was left untouched? Its not for queue space I think.
Maybe each theater will be larger than a simulator bay was? Not sure which way the theaters will be oriented, but I could imagine some layout changes might need to be done to the existing pre-show/loading space to accommodate loading from behind the theater instead of entering/exiting through the sides. I'll be interested to see if that's the case and what that might mean for the other parks like SWSD and BGT that only have two empty simulator bays.