SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 114 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Surely nine rows would suggest Premier?
Sounds like Premier gave them a killer deal for another build after the Ice Breaker fiasco. I kinda hope it isn't because 1) It would most likely be too similar to Ice Breaker 2) As a tall guy, I just don't like those Premier trains.

If it's not a straddle coaster, it should be. The park is lacking a good family coaster.

Reactions: shiekra38
Sounds like Premier gave them a killer deal for another build after the Ice Breaker fiasco. I kinda hope it isn't because 1) It would most likely be too similar to Ice Breaker 2) As a tall guy, I just don't like those Premier trains.

If it's not a straddle coaster, it should be. The park is lacking a good family coaster.
Maybe so, my issue with Premiers is that they are hard to get into, as you said, and for some reason way louder than other coaster types

My expectation is sea world went with whoever gave them the best deal. Manufacturers would have a large incentive to give sea world deals given their location and year round status to showcase if it was something new to their portfolio like ice breaker. That being said I thought the straddle coaster thing might have been part of a package deal and included sea world.

Surely nine rows would suggest Premier?
They wouldn't... Right?! Like, from a business perspective they realize how ill advised it'd be to have two nearly identical ice-themed roller coasters from the same low budget manufacturer in the same park... Right? Lol. It'll be hard enough as it is to convince anyone to buy a ticket to ride another ice themed outdoor roller coaster, two years after the last one opened. This ride needs to be as different from Ice Breaker as possible or people aren't going to realize or care that it exists.

That's good to hear! I was on the ride earlier this week and I was horrified to see just how much worse it's gotten on both the inside and outside, even compared to 2017. Huge sections of rockwork are just missing now with exposed metal beams showing where they used to be; the rockwork that's still there looks more like giant mold spots than rock; stucco and wood sections are visibly warping and rotting away; paint is horribly and unevenly faded with obvious patch jobs that don't match the color at all; even more effects inside are turned off, even the basic lighting and fountain effects; random sections are just totally dark and silent, while others that are actually supposed to be dark are lit by maintenance lights. Ironically, the Allura head that used to lurch out of the wall is now lit up again. Any idea what the timeline is? What's the new exit?
The new exit is across from the current load, also in midways video JTA already is getting cosmetic work and looks a lot better

Attachments

• 834B862C-8843-4D6E-B632-00CA605FFEBD.jpeg
    834B862C-8843-4D6E-B632-00CA605FFEBD.jpeg
    887.8 KB · Views: 29
The new exit is across from the current load, also in midways video JTA already is getting cosmetic work and looks a lot better
Huh, I wonder what prompted them to move the exit... Do you mean directly across from where it loads, basically to eliminate the team member helping people exit? I have to imagine that'd slow down operations.

I'll have to watch the video but I'm definitely glad to hear there's some sort of cosmetic work taking place. Maybe that was why everything looked so janky the other week.

Baynum Painting (the company currently repainting the ride) responded to a comment asking when it would re-open and said “a few more weeks”

IMG-0517.jpg

Last edited:
My expectation is sea world went with whoever gave them the best deal. Manufacturers would have a large incentive to give sea world deals given their location and year round status to showcase if it was something new to their portfolio like ice breaker.
It doesn't work like that. . .

It doesn't work like that. . .
Except when it does. Kennywood got a great deal from S&S for steel curtain. There were a few great deals for early RMCs. Stand ups have fallen out of favor and B&M needs someone to build one more than a park needs to take a chance on a new stand up.

SeaWorld has filed a preliminary plan with the Orange County Development Review Committee for a project code named Starboard. Details are very scarce at the moment, but the application lists Atkins as the primary contact and references a 14 acre parcel of land behind the park. That parcel of land is currently used as BOH support/infrastructure, so it’ll be interesting to see what the plan entails. There should be more documents available in the coming weeks as the project moves through the review process.

IMG-1450.jpg

IMG-1451.jpg

IMG-1452.jpg

Last edited:
This location, lot size, and lack of significant structures make me think this is the hotel site.

You'll get immediate access from I-Drive and Central Florida Parkway, which will help with traffic distribution. Easy park access using a bridge over the waterway. Guest rooms will get unobstructed views of events, like fireworks, on the lake here as well b/c there are no coasters in the way. Most of the land is parking, which can be easily consolidated with an employee parking structure or by using other plots they own in the area for parking.

Even better, placing it on this side of the property enables them to link it to Aquatica and Discover Cove with pedestrian bridges as well.

This location, lot size, and lack of significant structures make me think this is the hotel site.

You'll get immediate access from I-Drive and Central Florida Parkway, which will help with traffic distribution. Easy park access using a bridge over the waterway. Guest rooms will get unobstructed views of events, like fireworks, on the lake here as well b/c there are no coasters in the way. Most of the land is parking, which can be easily consolidated with an employee parking structure or by using other plots they own in the area for parking.

Even better, placing it on this side of the property enables them to link it to Aquatica and Discover Cove with pedestrian bridges as well.
I wanna believe this too. Seems like a great central location for a hotel. If they wanted to, they could probably make this into something of a hub connecting the three parks, and potentially a new pickup spot for the Busch Gardens shuttle as well.