SeaWorld San Diego | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld San Diego

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've been hearing rumors of that as well, though it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me that they'd bother moving more flat rides to Sesame Place when I'm pretty sure there's nothing in the Bay of Play area that doesn't already exist at the other park.

I'd agree on the dark ride too. I'm also not at all the target demographic lol but from the one time I visited (they do occasionally give SWSD pass holders free tickets there btw), it seemed like the one thing the park was really sorely missing was a solid indoor themed ride. It seems like there's every reason to build one too--the normal ticket prices are comparable to a full-fledged theme park, the company seems to be more willing to invest in higher quality themed attractions when it comes to Sesame Street, they're already opening two new additions in 2023--barely a year after opening the park--there's plenty of room for additions, and they need a marquee attraction to make the park worth visiting in the months when the water slides are closed.

It probably helps that SWSD is limited by height restrictions due to its proximity to the water and the area of town it's in, which effectively stops them from building wall to wall roller coasters. Unless they want to have an entire park of blue low-lying family launch coasters they'll probably need to start exploring other types of new attractions in the coming years, now that most of the land with higher height limits has already been filled with coasters. I'm curious what the plan is for the other two Wild Arctic simulator bays that won't be the Arctic Rescue station and still have the exit doors in place. If it's not a maintenance area for the new ride or something then maybe it'd be a good spot for a flying theater--something that could be duplicated at SWO, BGT, and BGW, which we know the company likes to do.
Yeah, no idea what they could be planning in that area if it has no rides. If they had months I'd assume a new play area but with it suppose to be opening by summer no idea what could replace these flat rides unless they are somehow getting new flat rides here and putting these older flat rides at the other park but....guess we will find out soonish

Reactions: Thatguyoverwhere
Those kids flat rides are all Zamperla and easily rethemed. SWO rethemed their carousel quickly just changing out the fiberglass figures, and SWP&E has been working closely with Zamperla for theming/retheming rides for Sesame for years now.

Heads up Buy one Annual Pass get one 50% off a second pass.

Perfect for me and only last until may 7th

I'm mixed on the retheme. On one hand I like some of the rides new looks, and the colors look fun for kids

On the other land its weird to take sesame street out, it feels like they want you to have to go to the other park but the other park isn't even open most weekdays and has too low amount of rides to draw most families in....so I hope next year they focus on sesame street place and make it have more to offer.

I'm mixed on the retheme. On one hand I like some of the rides new looks, and the colors look fun for kids

On the other land its weird to take sesame street out, it feels like they want you to have to go to the other park but the other park isn't even open most weekdays and has too low amount of rides to draw most families in....so I hope next year they focus on sesame street place and make it have more to offer.

That's a bummer... seems like nothing in there is actually changing, just getting rethemed. I was hoping they would add some density to the area--more rides, a more elaborate climbing structure, more stuff for kids to interact with, something. The biggest issue with Bay of Play was that it just seemed kinda diffuse and low-energy, so I'm skeptical that this will fix that.

I do like the new theme though. It's hard to say from renderings how well-executed the final thing will look, but with how minimally themed Sesame Street Bay of Play was, I have to imagine this will be an improvement, especially if they actually bring in the rescue vehicles and other props as advertised. I wonder if there will be any change to the adjacent quick service restaurant/snack stand.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
So went this weekend here are a few thoughts

All you can eat dining is great and also has major drawbacks. It saves you money on food after two rounds mainly because you don't have to pay the extra 5% fee and taxes. The new Mexican place was pretty good, Manta Pizaa is great for the food pass but ayyyy too much for the 17+ bucks you have to spend to get it on its own.
The biggest issue with the pass is lines, Sea World just can't make lines go quickly. I wish they could improve that and everyone's day would be golden

Saw the band La Original Banda El Limón, they put on a almost hour and a half concert at the Bayside Theater. It was a great value and why we came down, the stadium never got to 100% so they just kept letting people in.

The new play area looks close to being done at most parts, the ship looked mostly newly painted and if the rethemed area doesn't open at the end of May it should be open by the middle of June.

Went on the Skytower in the first time since I was a kid and its a cute little ride, the line got pretty long by mid afternoon and never went down after that, so ride early if you want to not wait over 30 mins.

Watched the turtles get feed this time in there aquarium and its not anything huge they did seem pretty active before hand because I think they knew it was feeding time.

The Photopass they have is pretty cool and a great perk if you have a platinum pass.

Overall it was a fun time and hoping the new Summer event is as fun as Electric Ocean was

Supposedly the kids' area is going to be back open "this Spring," which if true is a pretty impressive turnaround time. Not sure what that means for the quality of the "new" land, but I'm sure they want it open ASAP to draw in families with little kids on summer break.

Supposedly the kids' area is going to be back open "this Spring," which if true is a pretty impressive turnaround time. Not sure what that means for the quality of the "new" land, but I'm sure they want it open ASAP to draw in families with little kids on summer break.
It’s mostly just painting the play ground and repainting the rides in the area

It could be open by end of may if they keep going at the pace they are at

And they will need it the kids rides had long lines all day because of the 3-4 rides here closed and when I went it was not a busy day like it will be this summer

I hope someone does more research on this

If they got a PPP loan then they should pay if they got nothing during the Pandemic then its more grey area.

Arctic Rescue is opening June 2nd with some media getting to ride early this weekend

From photo's I saw on Facebook, its got lots of themeing not at DIsney level but much more then most coasters.

Also Arctic Rescue Jr is having a soft opening today for APs

Added the pictures
IMG_3731.jpeg
IMG_3730.jpeg

Arctic Rescue is opening June 2nd with some media getting to ride early this weekend

From photo's I saw on Facebook, its got lots of themeing not at DIsney level but much more then most coasters.

Also Arctic Rescue Jr is having a soft opening today for APs

Added the pictures
View attachment 18935
View attachment 18936
Well….something is better than nothing. I’ll take it. Just would’ve been nice to at least have some rockwork. The scenic looks like it was made by some guy who just barely learned the scenic tools in RCT2.

• Haha
Reactions: SkiBum and Clive
Well….something is better than nothing. I’ll take it. Just would’ve been nice to at least have some rockwork. The scenic looks like it was made by some guy who just barely learned the scenic tools in RCT2.
I feel like during the day it will be fine, hopefully at night the theme is better

It's hard to complain when literally besides Manta no other coaster at the park has any real themeing

I'm sure we will have video of it soon