SeaWorld's Next Thrill Ride? | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld's Next Thrill Ride?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
@StarTrekGeek- The reason why BGT's new coaster has been delayed is that they're planning to remodel or replace something in 2016 (Gwazi maybe).

Anyway, SeaWorld Orlando should get a hypercoaster, Stratacoaster, or a launch to cover up the awful "Disney-themed" Anarctica ride and Blackfish crap.

Just my two cents :)

Was in seaworld yesterday, pathway that leads from wild arctic to the front of the park was closed, so the entire educational area was behind "bars". The entrance to the educational groups area near the dolphin nursery had one of those two part walls and said team members only, there also were those metal fence things in front of them.
There seems to be a lot of minor stuff going on though, the sea garden is completely sealed of from the barns to the garden buffet entry. The construction walls say it is for the sea of surprises event, which should begin March 21. The lighthouse at the front is being repainted as well.

@StarTrekGeek- The reason why BGT's new coaster has been delayed is that they're planning to remodel or replace something in 2016 (Gwazi maybe).

I heard about Gwazi Park being redone in the other thread. If they're delaying the BGT coaster to 2016, I say they are building something awfully big. I'm sure that will be a Giga from B&M or Intamin.

Anyway, SeaWorld Orlando should get a hypercoaster, Stratacoaster, or a launch to cover up the awful "Disney-themed" Anarctica ride and Blackfish crap.

Just my two cents :)

Last I heard (I believe someone mentioned a page ago), SWO is in line to get a B&M Hypercoaster in the south side of the park (I believe where Bayside Stadium is). That will definitely cover the failure of Antarctica!

Was in seaworld yesterday, pathway that leads from wild arctic to the front of the park was closed, so the entire educational area was behind "bars". The entrance to the educational groups area near the dolphin nursery had one of those two part walls and said team members only, there also were those metal fence things in front of them.
There seems to be a lot of minor stuff going on though, the sea garden is completely sealed of from the barns to the garden buffet entry. The construction walls say it is for the sea of surprises event, which should begin March 21. The lighthouse at the front is being repainted as well.

Interesting news about the pathway. That's a very large area they closed off! By any chance, did you see any markings on the ground?

Interesting news about the pathway. That's a very large area they closed off! By any chance, did you see any markings on the ground?

Hopefully, they'll start construction by this Summer. And hopefully it is a hypercoaster that's x10 better than Steel Eel and something that will bring back visitors to SWO.

Everybody treats Antarctica like an abomination. While I admit the ride was a little disappointing, the general public find it entertaining. It's a good family attraction. Also, while attendance dipped a little this year, profits/spending increased significantly.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...sets-attendance-record-20140113,0,642857.post

As much as I want a coaster, I don't see it happening before BG gets one. This year their main focus is promoting their animal conservation efforts and celebrating their 50 year anniversary.

Some flat rides would be nice. A pirate ship could be the easiest thing to put in ever.

Yeah it would be cool and easy to install, but I personally think SeaWorld should go for a Giant Frisbee like MaxAir. Oh goodness, if any park in Florida builds a MaxAir-type ride, I would praise that park forever!

But yeah, SeaWorld needs flat rides too. BGT also needs flat rides!

Last edited:
Some heavily-themed family flats would ROCK at both SeaWorld AND BGT. A Huss Giant Frisbee would be cool. I always thought a Starflyer/Windseeker would be a nice touch at SW too, until Magical Midway put one in just down the street. Antarctica was a nice diversification for SW and it's a trend I hope they keep up. Same goes for BGT.

I just noticed on the new SeaWorld map that the pathway to Bayside Stadium is completely sectioned off. That area is prime real estate for expansion and hopefully they begin construction this year.

They've had it open for all the festivals and it's all set up for Viva La Music this week so it's not going anywhere soon. They have actually been updating the maps more frequently lately, and why show it if it's not open to the public on most days?

They use that stadium for a ton of special events and use it every holiday and during the summer. So I don't see them getting rid of it.

I think most likely a new coaster would go between the bayside stadium and the front of the park.
Personally though, I think they should get rid of the stadium since it is only used for events, and just use the Nautilus theater for concerts.

Bayside is pretty much used from the end of September to Jan 1st. The short period of time between Halloween and Thanksgiving they are transforming it between the two. Then they use it beginning in Feb & March for Brew & Bands (Again Jan is used for transforming it). Then again in May for the concerts they are doing now (April is used for transforming it). So really the only time it is not used is in the summers. When they had fireworks in the summer people would sit in there. If they ever get too busy in the summer they probably would consider a seasonal show for the summer time.

Sea World makes a killing on the weekends during the dead seasons with these special events and concerts, so they can't mess with those events too much.

I've been wondering the same thing, but I haven't heard a peep. I still think we'll see a new coaster in BGT before SWO, but that's my gut feeling based on zero insider knowledge.

Of course, Sea World corp owns BGT. I believe there may be something a bit more creative coming for BGT in the future... but alas, I have no idea what it is they're working on precisely.

I cannot imagine what SWO is considering at this point. Their master business model has been rendered creamed-corn. Their attempts away from jumping porpoises have been iffy to say the least.

With the Blue World Project announced I believe that if SW does any sort of new thrill ride it will be soon, as in before construction of previously mentioned project. I just can not see SW doing multiple large scale construction projects at the same time.

Agreed. Nothing's been leaked though, so we have no idea. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping SeaWorld Orlando, San Diego and San Antonio impress us, as well as the future international parks!