Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Who can actually live their lives being so offended by things?

I’m not sure if it’s really a majority of American people who want all of these PC changes, or a select few who happen to currently run our nation

giphy.gif

I’m assuming this has no credibility?

This better not have credibility. If this is true then Universal is making a much bigger deal out of things than they really are. They’re really going to throw the entire land out over the publisher making changes to some older works? I doubt it. Nobody is asking for this, but I fear a handful of people on Twitter might.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
It's a publisher self-acknowledging that certain work is offensive & racist and choosing on their own to remove it. There are reasons for changing offensive material other than "being canceled".
To be fair, Fox News called it "being cancelled" twenty-two times in one segment. That's enough for some folks to believe it.

My favorite Stephen King novella is Rage. He chose to remove it from publication after several school shootings were inspired by the work. To some, that's King being "cancelled."

I honestly don't get why people think we need to rip out the entire land. They stopped selling 6 books and I believe 3 are featured in the land? However, I don't think there is anything in the land that could be viewed as controversial?

Reactions: Jwhee and Freak
I honestly don't get why people think we need to rip out the entire land. They stopped selling 6 books and I believe 3 are featured in the land? However, I don't think there is anything in the land that could be viewed as controversial?
No one thinks that, at least no one worth listening to. None of the problematic elements are in the land, and the racism of his past work was well known to all prior to the land being built

OK let's take care of two things here:

Here the images from the removed books:

DXTdeZfVQAAzuM6.jpg

Mulberry-Street-269x300.gif

I don't think anyone would argue that they are extremely out-of-date characterizations about 2 different races. The publication made the decision to pull the books - without any public pressure. I'll be honest that I certainly am no fan of today's cancel culture... but this ain't it and certainly doesn't fall under that classification. If you don't think the 2 images are problematic, then may I suggest a different forum? The books will probably return with alterations in the future. It's not an easy decision because the books are "classics" so do you tamper and edit a deceased person's work, or remove and move on.

As far as the UPNT article, its headline is a bit sensationalized and pulled from Spectrum 13's reporting:

It clearly states “We’ve removed the books from our shelves as they have asked and we’ll be evaluating our in-park experience too. But our guests can plan on continuing to be able to enjoy their favorite experiences at Seuss Landing.”

AKA The generic PR response. If anything, since Seuss is pulling off licensing too, there may be some legal thing with the If I Ran the Zoo name so that covers Universal's butt.

In the meantime, we've let the thread go - but a few responses as of late are pushing it. With that.... watch that.

OK let's take care of two things here:

Here the images from the removed books:

View attachment 14133

View attachment 14134

I don't think anyone would argue that they are extremely out-of-date characterizations about 2 different races. The publication made the decision to pull the books - without any public pressure. I'll be honest that I certainly am no fan of today's cancel culture... but this ain't it and certainly doesn't fall under that classification. If you don't think the 2 images are problematic, then may I suggest a different forum? The books will probably return with alterations in the future. It's not an easy decision because the books are "classics" so do you tamper and edit a deceased person's work, or remove and move on.

As far as the UPNT article, its headline is a bit sensationalized and pulled from Spectrum 13's reporting:

It clearly states “We’ve removed the books from our shelves as they have asked and we’ll be evaluating our in-park experience too. But our guests can plan on continuing to be able to enjoy their favorite experiences at Seuss Landing.”

AKA The generic PR response. If anything, since Seuss is pulling off licensing too, there may be some legal thing with the If I Ran the Zoo name so that covers Universal's butt.

In the meantime, we've let the thread go - but a few responses as of late are pushing it. With that.... watch that.

I completely agree with your comments...... And this is one more reason not to quote WDWNT for real theme park news. They continually muddy the waters with their clickbait articles.

Last edited: