Shanghai Disneyland | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Shanghai Disneyland

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apparently every single ride besides Pirates had their budgets cut according to a Spirited fellow over at magic. So if they got cut with Disney not even paying the full bill over there imagine if they brought those rides over here, how barebones they would be.
You'd think the world is ending if you just listen to his posts (not even kidding, he started a stir about terrorism at Disney over on Magic). He's an attention whore.

Last edited:
Reactions: *Q*
Jack looks awesome. But I am always painfully aware that I am looking at a robot on a 10 sec. loop. Especially when the boats back up in the treasure scene and you get to watch Jack do his thing 4 times. Talk about Uncanny Valley! It's like 2001 meets Kingdom Keepers with a pinch of "Stepford Wives"/Westworld" stirred in.
If you get stick on Transformers, the same thing happens.... just with screens (or worse, the screens go blue due to a failure). Not sure how that's any different or better than an animatronic that happens to be on a loop.

Reactions: rioriz
If you get stick on Transformers, the same thing happens.... just with screens (or worse, the screens go blue due to a failure). Not sure how that's any different or better than an animatronic that happens to be on a loop.

You know how dummies and dolls creep people out...AAs can have that same effect especially if you get stuck in front of them for a long time.

Can someone explain what happens at the climax of the pirates ride? Does the boat go down a drop as the ship sinks? I can't tell what happens in the video but people seem to be reacting to some physical effect.

In my own magical mind it would be awesome if the boat 'rises' up like an elevator to a second level during the dome screen scene when the ships are raised from the depths. Then when the ship sinks the boat drops straight down vertically like a small ToT drop. Not sure if something like this happens or not. Not even sure if it is possible with the track tech that is being used to move the boats so many different directions.

Can someone explain what happens at the climax of the pirates ride? Does the boat go down a drop as the ship sinks? I can't tell what happens in the video but people seem to be reacting to some physical effect.

In my own magical mind it would be awesome if the boat 'rises' up like an elevator to a second level during the dome screen scene when the ships are raised from the depths. Then when the ship sinks the boat drops straight down vertically like a small ToT drop. Not sure if something like this happens or not. Not even sure if it is possible with the track tech that is being used to move the boats so many different directions.

I believe it pulls the boat both back and down during this part

I am not sure how the effect works when rises...trying to figure that one out

I understand the point, but the screens on Transformers (and Spider-Man and Gringotts) don't loop, they are synced to ride vehicles moving past them. If the ride stops, the screens usually halt on the last frame (or the maybe the first frame).

It is kind of fun to see the distortions and pov changes in the projections when the vehicles aren't moving in sync.

Now we got video of Shanghai's Buzz Lightyear.

Well, it's clear Shanghai has the weakest version of this attraction. Pretty dissapointing to be honest.

Reactions: Ryno27
^ Well, that's saying something as I found the one at the MK to be a weak attraction.

Yeah MK is pretty weak. I personally think I like Shanghai's version a little better. It seems shorter? Not sure about the ending. But the look of it I like better. I also like that the guns detach.

I agree. Shanghai's doesn't seem to be as cramped and I like the aesthetic much more. And the attached guns were always my biggest complaint when it came to MK's. If Shanghai's had a stronger ending, I think it would put it far ahead of MK's, but as it stands, I give Shanghai the slight edge.

Theme Park University has an interesting article on a Toy Story Playland expansion that may be coming soon. He points out that the original plans for the park included this land and that their are buildings identical to the Toy Story Playland in Paris that sit just beyond the border of Treasure Cove at the park.

I assume the land was always suppossed to be included but they shifted focus to the more important lands as they approached the opening date.
Toy Story Land Headed to Shanghai Disneyland? Photographic Proof - Theme Park University