Shrek 4D - Hollywood | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not to mention they allow room for more seats. The current ones, like you said, are bulky, loud, and outdated. Newer ones would allow room for more capacity.

They were fairly new and innovative at the time for motion seating w/o need for a restraint. But nowadays it's anything but.

Reactions: Aaron
I really hope that whatever replaces Shrek 4D is something different than another 3D show. Not only does the park not need another screen attraction, 3D theater shows are the low end of screen attractions.

I really hope that whatever replaces Shrek 4D is something different than another 3D show. Not only does the park not need another screen attraction, 3D theater shows are the low end of screen attractions.

Yeah yikes. I really hope if it is another 3D Screen attraction they at least bring in the Fallon or Soarin type ride system and give it some variation from their other screen rides.

It may also be good to remind people, that GSAT's for Fallon, are stupid high; and that's due to the overall experience.

There are somethings that I may find that could be issues, but Fallon may be a smart move for them, as it gives them an attraction that can be updated rather easily in a strange way, that makes sense.

Reactions: Mad Dog
With an august closing date I doubt it'll be anything too substantially different assuming this is the 2018 attraction. New 3D movie and new theming / preshow would be the extent in my opinion.

With an august closing date I doubt it'll be anything too substantially different assuming this is the 2018 attraction. New 3D movie and new theming / preshow would be the extent in my opinion.

I think it depends, on whether they want an attraction with a spring like opening (around the time similar to Potter and Despicable Me) or that they could do more effort and have Fallon up by Late June/July.

It's possible, and that they can do it. It depends on how much effort they want to put in for something that can either be a.) a Flex-Venue show or b.) A Motion Simulator based off of one of Televisions longest running live shows.

And to add on, either one could be cheap, as Fallon is already a pre-existing attraction with a simple ride system that can be easily added. It would dirve screenz haters up the wazoo, and that the Flex-Venue replacement would be people complaining of it being a "Screen show replacing another screen show".

Reactions: redy2468
I think it depends, on whether they want an attraction with a spring like opening (around the time similar to Potter and Despicable Me) or that they could do more effort and have Fallon up by Late June/July.

It's possible, and that they can do it. It depends on how much effort they want to put in for something that can either be a.) a Flex-Venue show or b.) A Motion Simulator based off of one of Televisions longest running live shows.

And to add on, either one could be cheap, as Fallon is already a pre-existing attraction with a simple ride system that can be easily added. It would dirve screenz haters up the wazoo, and that the Flex-Venue replacement would be people complaining of it being a "Screen show replacing another screen show".
Either way, it sounds like people will have a screening fit.

But seriously, I'd rather have Fallon than another stupid 4D show.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Either way, it sounds like people will have a screening fit.

But seriously, I'd rather have Fallon than another stupid 4D show.

Either way, indeed. And even for me; I wouldn't mind Fallon. Hell, I'd accept it; as along with the relocation of the Studio Tour (which, I heard of that too), there is a lot of sense that they can add Fallon and update the tour with a new host.

The park needs more attractions with high repeatability. A Shrek 4D style show is not that.

And in a way, Fallon would have the repeatability.

The attraction, is an experience; from the moment you walk in to the moment you leave. And that there are plenty of things to do, and that you don't have to really even go on the attraction (main portion) in a sense. The waiting rooms add a lot to the entire thing.

The park needs more attractions with high repeatability. A Shrek 4D style show is not that.

The park already has one of the most repeatable attractions (at least it was before F&F) of any theme park, the Studio Tour. Before the park became what it is today I would basically only go for the Tour, the rest of the park was just extra. Now it's the other way around.

The park already has one of the most repeatable attractions (at least it was before F&F) of any theme park, the Studio Tour. Before the park became what it is today I would basically only go for the Tour, the rest of the park was just extra. Now it's the other way around.

Strangely, Fallon though would bring back that era of repeatable experiences.

They can easily make unique changes for Fallon that they can easily make, in short periods. From the Ragtime Gals, the Museum, and whenever a Tonight Show host leaves; they have the opportunity to easily make changes and add new elements not in the attraction at opening.

And, they can bring back the kiosks used for Potter and for Fallon; similar to what is used for Orlando (as the attraction would most likely use the Virtual Queue system, like the Orlando attraction).

Reactions: chris.g
I'm definitely in the camp of having Fallon over Kung Fu Panda. It honestly makes a lot more logical sense with that area already being themed to New York. These past few years they've been trying to clean up the park and change it from a hodgepodge of random rides to individual themed areas. Putting Kung Fu Panda in the middle of New York street would be an exact contradiction of what they are striving for right now.

I'm definitely in the camp of having Fallon over Kung Fu Panda. It honestly makes a lot more logical sense with that area already being themed to New York. These past few years they've been trying to clean up the park and change it from a hodgepodge of random rides to individual themed areas. Putting Kung Fu Panda in the middle of New York street would be an exact contradiction of what they are striving for right now.

That's actually a rather fair thing to add.

Another thing, is that this may potentially allow Universal to add wand effects from Japan for the Hollywood version.

Let's be honest here. The "New York" section of the park is a single themed facade. It's not exactly a huge designated area with that exclusive theme. When the new family structure is complete, it'll look even more out of place than it currently is. Also the Fallon building is taller than Shrek so it'll make the sight lines from hogsmeade worse.

If they HAVE to add fallon, they should just put it between SLOP and TF where SS28 stands and turn that area into New York land or whatever.

Reactions: Ryan
Let's be honest here. The "New York" section of the park is a single themed facade. It's not exactly a huge designated area with that exclusive theme. When the new family structure is complete, it'll look even more out of place than it currently is.

If they HAVE to add fallon, they should just put it between SLOP and TF where SS28 stands and turn that area into New York land or whatever.

And a Chinese Kung Fu training palace up in the mountains isn't?

With a bulk of the Upper Lot, a lot of it is within Urban hotspots, from Paris; London; Hollywood; and two cartoon towns. There is more sense to have 30 Rock rather than a chinese training palace, or a secret panda village.

Reactions: HereWeGo
Yet it made sense to have the town of Duloc next to New York Street? What difference would having Valley of Peace next to NYS make? It's also possible the NYS facades will change to a more Chinese style of architecture.

Yes, it would make more sense to have a New York style ride next to NEW YORK Street but USHs creative/theming department doesn't seem to get certain theming choices and the many steps to great theming. They seriously act like they don't understand how to slowly ease into theming. You look to your right to see The Mummy and to your left you see Donkey.

(They need a major lesson from Disney on how to streetscape rides/lands....)

But, the point of a movie and in this case USH is to be transported with every frame. In, USH your eyes are the camera controlling the framing. They want to make you look around and be in many locations at once.

The initial layout of the theme park doesn't help at all either. It's quite possibly the poorest planned park, ever:saywhat:.

EDIT: This is entirely opinionated and of course there's a possibility Fallon will be replacing Shrek! I just felt the need to let all of that out.

Last edited:
Yet it made sense to have the town of Duloc next to New York Street? What difference would having Valley of Peace next to NYS make? It's also possible the NYS facades will change to a more Chinese style of architecture.

Yes, it would make more sense to have a New York style ride next to NEW YORK Street but USHs creative/theming department doesn't seem to get certain theming choices and the many steps to great theming. They seriously act like they don't understand how to slowly ease into theming. You look to your right to see The Mummy and to your left you see Donkey.

(They need a major lesson from Disney on how to streetscape rides/lands....)

But, the point of a movie and in this case USH is to be transported with every frame. In, USH your eyes are the camera controlling the framing. They want to make you look around and be in many locations at once.

The initial layout of the theme park doesn't help at all either. It's quite possibly the poorest planned park, ever:saywhat:.

Universal Studios Hollywood, was never what Orlando was when they first opened. When USF opened in 1990, it mixed the Studio and Theme Park aspects more cohesively and that it has done much better in that regard than what DHS was doing (which, is a ripoff of USF in a sense).

Universal Studios Hollywood has been upgrading and updating the entire Upper Lot, making it more cohesive and to have a unique identity in the series of Universal Parks across the globe. And that eventually, we have to come to the realization that Universal, can't just center on one aspect of entertainment anymore. It limits the boundries of what you can do, and that it hinders what is possible.

And as for the M&G's of the Classic Monsters meshing with Donkey, I would say something similar to Disneyland. If you believe that it there has to be characters exclusive to certain areas, that would cause issues.

They are going to fix the park more and more, and that while the Lower Lot will be a much larger focus in the next year, as the Studio Tour has been rumored to be relocated down there; it makes sense that they are finishing up the Upper lot so it feels more complete for the time being.

As far as Duloc being next to NYStreet, mind if I remind you that Shrek 4D originally opened in the GE Year's. They made thematic improvements because of Potter, and that whatever replaces it will have to do something similar.