Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Normally, I would 100% agree with the desire to let individual parks have significant experiences unique to them.

But the fact that SLOP is already designed, and has already become well-liked, AND is exactly the sort of ride that USF needs... I would love to see it in USF.
I suppose I agree just because USF is badly in need of some good new rides. We did get the Jurassic World update which is fantastic, but considering we're getting a watered-down Nintendo World I still feel like letting USH shine with this experience seems like a nice idea. If it does go to Orlando, I think USF would be the best park for it as EU doesn't really need it and neither does IoA. Part of me does hope Orlando gets it, the ride is just so fantastic and I hope more people get to see that Universal is starting to change its tune.

I suppose I agree just because USF is badly in need of some good new rides. We did get the Jurassic World update which is fantastic, but considering we're getting a watered-down Nintendo World I still feel like letting USH shine with this experience seems like a nice idea. If it does go to Orlando, I think USF would be the best park for it as EU doesn't really need it and neither does IoA. Part of me does hope Orlando gets it, the ride is just so fantastic and I hope more people get to see that Universal is starting to change its tune.
How are we getting a watered-down Nintendo World? It's gonna be the full thing with DK open on day one.

Wellllll... about that.

Your implication is incredibly disheartening. If something so well-executed like SLOP can't get good guest satisfaction ratings (which is what I assume you're getting at, since the fan community reaction has been very positive), that doesn't bode well for the general appeal of dark rides and the willingness of companies to build more.

Which, in turn, doesn't bode well for my future enjoyment.

From what I have seen, Pets wasn't as advertised as I felt it could have been. It could have to do with pandemic stuff, but nobody I told about it knew it existed. I think if Universal pushed it a bit harder, and had ads making it clear this was not a screen attraction, I could imagine it would draw more people in. The IP isn't popular, but at the end of the day all that matters is that there are dogs and the ride is really good. Locals are very iffy towards the park rn I feel and an attraction like this could really help change that

Your implication is incredibly disheartening. If something so well-executed like SLOP can't get good guest satisfaction ratings (which is what I assume you're getting at, since the fan community reaction has been very positive), that doesn't bode well for the general appeal of dark rides and the willingness of companies to build more.

Which, in turn, doesn't bode well for my future enjoyment.

I wonder how JWA would be received.

The public's tastes make no goddamn sense sometimes. Didn't people want a slow moving dark ride?

Reactions: PerceptiveCoot
I wonder how JWA would be received.

The public's tastes make no goddamn sense sometimes. Didn't people want a slow moving dark ride?
The fans aren’t “people.” If people go to Universal expecting even mild thrills on their tamest rides, then a ride with no thrills is going to disappoint. Especially in California where, if people want a Disney-style omnimover, they’d just go to Disney.

Hollywood has a widely different market than Orlando.

The fans aren’t “people.” If people go to Universal expecting even mild thrills on their tamest rides, then a ride with no thrills is going to disappoint. Especially in California where, if people want a Disney-style omnimover, they’d just go to Disney.

Hollywood has a widely different market than Orlando.
that's interesting, do people go to Universal Hollywood only expecting thrills? There's only two rides there that could really be considered true-thrills, and I feel like if people wanted a thrill experience they'd go to Knott's or Magic Mountain. With or without SLoP (my favorite ride acronym btw), I feel like most rides would disappoint on that level. The main complaint I hear about Hollywood is too many screens, not about thrills, and so I think SLoP would help in that regard. Most I've talked to strongly dislike Transformers even though I think there is some level of thrill. But obviously my anecdotal evidence != general opinion

Or reduce the spacing for the vehicles.
That to, if that’s possible, I don’t see why this still can’t come to UOR, doesn’t seem like the most complicated fix to me? I just don’t see how they don’t see this as a success, even if it can be improved then they can learn for the future. Disappointed if GSAT’s are low though.

That to, if that’s possible, I don’t see why this still can’t come to UOR, doesn’t seem like the most complicated fix to me? I just don’t see how they don’t see this as a success, even if it can be improved then they can learn for the future. Disappointed if GSAT’s are low though.

Brain will have to qualify his statement beyond his hint (I don't know anything about guest impressions on the ride myself) but here are some reasons:
  • Good GSATs but not good enough to bring to UOR
  • Internal political drama
  • No champions to have the ride copied (all west coast UC was let go last I heard)
  • "lets just build something new"