Six Flags Fright Fest 2024 (Magic Mountain) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Fright Fest 2024 (Magic Mountain)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Excuse Me What GIF by CBS

Not sure if this is a result of distributors overpricing Universal for the IP or Six Flags overpaying

Six Flags about to drop a bomb and be like, HHN who?
200.gif

Judging by the quality of Saw and Conjuring last year…not thrilled unless they’re getting huge budget increases
100% agree they will need to increase budgeting because last year was a joke. My guess though is they used up a majority of the funds just acquiring these rumored IP's. We shall see!

Six Flags Fright Fest 2024 Goes IP Heavy with ‘Trick ‘r Treat’, ‘Chainsaw Massacre’, ‘Saw’ & More!

The Conjuring, Stranger Things, Zack Snyder’s Army of the Dead, DCeased, Saw, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Trick ‘r Treat are all coming to Six Flags Fright Fest.

There's something to specify here that is incredibly important: this is not as if it is meaning just for one park--it is a company-wide announcement with things going to be updated for the specific parks getting the specific IP's.

Great Adventure in particular, has been specified to be the only ones getting Texas 2022 (and Six Flags Mexico has also been specified as the only one to get DCeased). We likely aren't finding out what the lineup actually is for SFMM--until Midsummer next month.

Part of me wonders if they were hoping to keep this underwraps until Midsummer Scream seeing as their panel is Saturday & Universal is Sunday.

This is like Universal dropping Epic Universe infront of Disney who continues to announce "bus wraps"

Reactions: CallahanChan
I hope we get one DC themed house or scare zone

They have stuff from the the current DC event and would only have to store it for like a month before reusing it

The Suicide Squad meet-n-greet SZ in 2016/2017 was a hit.

And the Arkham Asylum house at WB was pretty amazing. It'd be nice if WB would resurrect it at SFMM for Fright Fest..

But now I'm over here all "ooooooo" at that DCeased concept lol

Six Flags ain’t playing no games!
Think about this lineup
SAW
Conjuring Universe
Stranger Things
Army of the Dead
Trick r Treat

I am completely shocked and excited!

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I hope we get one DC themed house or scare zone

They have stuff from the the current DC event and would only have to store it for like a month before reusing it
The DC house may be a surprise since Mexico has the exclusive one.
Part of me wonders if they were hoping to keep this underwraps until Midsummer Scream seeing as their panel is Saturday & Universal is Sunday.

This is like Universal dropping Epic Universe infront of Disney who continues to announce "bus wraps"
This is the bombshell news of the summer!
Not sure if this is a result of distributors overpricing Universal for the IP or Six Flags overpaying
Either way, they’re putting in effort to level up. Universal no longer can have easy access to IPs. It’s legit competition now.
Judging by the quality of Saw and Conjuring last year…not thrilled unless they’re getting huge budget increases
SAW was fine but Conjuring was bad! It will improve with Annabelle and The Nun appearances.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
So Magic Mountain is getting Army of the Dead, Trick 'r' Treat, Stranger Things, Saw, and Conjuring? I would bet the three mazes by the old tram plaza are getting replaced with Army of the Dead, Trick 'r' Treat and Stranger Things.

So Magic Mountain is getting Army of the Dead, Trick 'r' Treat, Stranger Things, Saw, and Conjuring? I would bet the three mazes by the old tram plaza are getting replaced with Army of the Dead, Trick 'r' Treat and Stranger Things.
Last year was a 2/6 split - 2 IPs, 6 originals
My guess is 5/3 split for this year.