Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 202 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hey hey hey... leave justice league alone. It's a great INDOOR ride with A/C, despite having flaws lol (those Cyborg, Joker & Harley AAs are pretty impressive for a Six Flags park)

I'd argue it was less of a family attempt & more so an indoor ride in general attempt.

In regards to a "family coaster" (hate that term), I'd almost rather they get rid of Magic Flyers, Speedy & Cayon Blaster since they're junk off-the-shelf kiddie coasters, but at least one needs to stay for the younger crowd (Canyon Blaster!!). Then add something like the new Camp Snoopy coaster Knott's is getting. Also, get new trains on Roadrunner Express, the shoe trains are tacky.

Bugs Bunny World in general needs an overhaul. Whistlestop is a waste due to the defunct Thomas The Tank Engine IP
I do agree that Justice League is needed because it’s the only ride that’s indoors and air-conditioned. In a park with little shade, concrete slabs, and many facilities where the AC is broken, it is REALLY needed. The park is miserable in the Summer and it needs all the heat relief it can get. It would be a shame to axe it since…you know, what else would got there?

I agree that Bugs Bunny World could use an overhaul. I think an overhauled area with a Vekoma *family* Boomerang would be nice (Would be a good replacement for that pointless train ride lol), but I think just a fresh coat of paint is the best that area is gonna get. I don’t see SFMM investing much in the kids after multiple failed attempts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wesker69 and Hello
I don't see the attempts as failed, it's just the typical Six Flags method of half-assing anything/everything. Only a few things slip past that & it shows.

Some of the flat rides need to be axed (swapped out for better), they look like they're from the 80s/early 90s (which they most likely are lol). The stage venue needs to be enclosed because the heat causes shows to be canceled. The land needs better flow. .....also yes, kill off the train & magic flyers lol

Reactions: BillM
I've been asking/wanting more flat rides for years. It's so long overdue.

As for the new coaster, while I have no insight, I think it's likely safe to say: if this one isn't a giga, then this park likely ain't getting one at all. Like ever.

So I think the main reason everyone is hoping for it to be a giga is because they likely realize it's the last practical chance the park has of getting one.

I've been asking/wanting more flat rides for years. It's so long overdue.
Meanwhile the Flash is rotting away backstage *sigh*

I know flat rides can tend to be repetitive, but this is the same park that gave us WCR after Twisted Colossus (same same, but different). Bring back classic & new style flat rides that can fill the void of multiple areas. They don't all need to be vomit inducing lol

Reactions: melodrama
One of the reasons Justice League bombed is because the queue situation. I rode it like 4 times, where if the preshow and outdoor queue area was different I would have done it 15 times to be honest. They took away that rule, I did it once and its never really open anymore on any of my visits it seems.

Im also team build a few family coasters. It has stuff for little kids and then its nothing but huge thrills. It needs some middle ground rides, as it is, there no reason to even try and take a kid there until they have been to the OC parks and approve of rides there. By the time they final go, they realize, its far away, the dirtiest and ugliest of Cali parks. Not a good pitch.

Personally instead of building a new coaster, Id legit sell Scream (make 2m bucks, one less ride to maintain, keep the trains for a riddler swap one day, save the plot for another day) add 2 steampunk themed flats by Twisted and the theater, put a show in that theater and no matter what just run it, you gotta offer things first if you want people to do it. A few person carnival mini stunt show like thing nothing big. Plus tear down and redo those tiny bathrooms, food shop and add a little store, All one nice big themed steam punk building housing them. Give them a true themed land. I can dream...

Reactions: Wesker69
One of the reasons Justice League bombed is because the queue situation. I rode it like 4 times, where if the preshow and outdoor queue area was different I would have done it 15 times to be honest. They took away that rule, I did it once and its never really open anymore on any of my visits it seems.

Im also team build a few family coasters. It has stuff for little kids and then its nothing but huge thrills. It needs some middle ground rides, as it is, there no reason to even try and take a kid there until they have been to the OC parks and approve of rides there. By the time they final go, they realize, its far away, the dirtiest and ugliest of Cali parks. Not a good pitch.

Personally instead of building a new coaster, Id legit sell Scream (make 2m bucks, one less ride to maintain, keep the trains for a riddler swap one day, save the plot for another day) add 2 steampunk themed flats by Twisted and the theater, put a show in that theater and no matter what just run it, you gotta offer things first if you want people to do it. A few person carnival mini stunt show like thing nothing big. Plus tear down and redo those tiny bathrooms, food shop and add a little store, All one nice big themed steam punk building housing them. Give them a true themed land. I can dream...
Agreed on the Q

It was insane that ride would have no wait...but takes you 15 mins because you MUST watch the pre shows in both rooms then wait to board

It being closed most the times I went after the Pandemic plus many other rides opening post noon, is why I ditched my pass.

Looney Tunes Area needs to be redone, fresh up the Flat rides, add a Duck Dodgers Shooting ride (I'm thinking Toy Story Mania style since it would be cheap and not use much space), use an area for a little train ride that goes through and have even static figures of the characters with gags and it won't happen but a 3D Theater with a show in it that can also be used special events and its a good start for a kids area

DC would be the perfect place to have more middle thrills and work people up to the bigger coasters

Reactions: JaySalahi
Personally instead of building a new coaster, Id legit sell Scream (make 2m bucks, one less ride to maintain, keep the trains for a riddler swap one day, save the plot for another day)
Don't you wish the demise of a great stand-up coaster like that! Form a protective circle!

Scream is a great coaster, it just needs a scenic face-lift! I'd rather not lose 2 actually different coasters in the park.

add 2 steampunk themed flats by Twisted and the theater, put a show in that theater and no matter what just run it
At this rate, I wouldn't even care if it was gutted for a 3D film type attraction (or haunted house walkthrough)

Plus tear down and redo those tiny bathrooms, food shop and add a little store, All one nice big themed steam punk building housing them.
It definitely needs to happen, but this is why I keep saying the backstage area needs to be sacrificed & redone for park expansion. Screampunk was poorly executed thanks to Twisted Colossus

add a Duck Dodgers Shooting ride (I'm thinking Toy Story Mania style since it would be cheap and not use much space)
Justice League already has this covered. And TSM is terrible, spend the money for physical sets like Buzz. Projectors/screenz require a lot of maintenance & upkeep

Rather than ANOTHER interactive ride, do a Fantasyland classic dark ride. The more technical it becomes, the more upkeep.

use an area for a little train ride that goes through and have even static figures of the characters with gags
They already have a little train ride. That's what Whistlestop Park is. An unthemed former Thomas The Tank Engine ride (same with Magic Flyers)

Reactions: JaySalahi
We don't know what this coaster will be or if it'll have any inversions. Or what height restriction it'll have, etc.

Most of the coasters at the park have a 48in height requirement, including Twisted Colossus & somehow X2 (which surprises me). The rest fall into the 54in category. Ninja is 42in. Roadrunner is 36in.

Point still stands, the term "family" is loosely applied because not everyone has the same thrill level whether its a coaster/non-coaster. To one person a it could be tame, to others... they :poop: themselves just looking at it.

You know what coaster also has a 48in height requirement? Jaguar. I think everyone would consider that a family coaster yet it still demands the same height requirement as a lot of major coasters at SFMM.

I don't know what is going in this spot, but I can promise you whatever is coming is not a family coaster.

You know what coaster also has a 48in height requirement? Jaguar. I think everyone would consider that a family coaster yet it still demands the same height requirement as a lot of major coasters at SFMM.
It’s certainly a family coaster that leads to a lot of surprised/disappointed families when they realize what the height requirement is!

• Haha
Reactions: Wesker69 and Hello
We don't know what this coaster will be or if it'll have any inversions. Or what height restriction it'll have, etc.

Most of the coasters at the park have a 48in height requirement, including Twisted Colossus & somehow X2 (which surprises me). The rest fall into the 54in category. Ninja is 42in. Roadrunner is 36in.

Point still stands, the term "family" is loosely applied because not everyone has the same thrill level whether its a coaster/non-coaster. To one person a it could be tame, to others... they :poop: themselves just looking at it.
We don't even know what is going there. I am on the minority side that it is not a coaster. Just my opinion.

^I wasn't fully awake when looking at this & I was confused seeing a "river" in Magic Mountain :skull:
Climate change is wild man.

On one hand, I'd love to do a craft beer-tasting type festival at Magic Mountain. On the other hand, I don't think any of us can be trusted with that privilege. A food festival at Magic Mountain? ...I'm probably out on that.

A food festival at Magic Mountain? ...I'm probably out on that.
I will say that pre-apocalypse, their "Holiday in the Park" food festival offerings were actually surprisingly good those first 2-3 years. Not everything, but maybe more than half.

It'd be nice if the regular park food was given as much effort as the food festival offerings lol