Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 198 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
People really oversell the roughness
It's not just you. It's definitely oversold.

I've had park guests tell me GhostRider at Knotts was rough as hell & I ask them when was the last time they rode it. They'd always say "it's been years". So I had to tell them it had been completely retracked & they need to ride it lol.. I'd sometimes bump into them again while working & they'd thank me for convincing them to ride it.

Thinking of heading to the park for the first time in years next month. Have yet to ride WCR and WW but how’s Apocalypse these days?

I was just on it this past weekend. The roughness can go up and down. It was a bit on the rough side, but it's certainly been worse. On a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being smoothest, I'd currently give it a 4.5

Yeah, I went two days ago, still the worst run theme park ever. Place is a joke.

Wonder Woman was running ONE train with only 10 working seats, stopping in the station too. Anyways besides the point. they didn't have a person standing in the Locker area, so the Exit, lockers, fast line and regular line are all bunched up and multiple groups of people were cutting in line and reriding. In a 10 person every that dispatched every 5 min rode this one couple young couple rode 3 times and kept cutting the line, everyone down there was getting so mad and testy with one another, it was mad house, it took 40 minutes to go from Lockers to ride.

Then in the station there is like 4/5 people. All messing around cracking jokes having a great time while the one train is cycling. Not even able to notice people are reriding and there's a war happening with guests right below them lol.

I watched a Janitor dump a full thing of filty dirty bathroom water out in the middle of the main path way and it was mildly busy at the place and time too, no drain in sight. like I had to dodge the water because it splashed up and he was shaking the yellow tub thing in the air to dry it without looking.

That's not even half of what I saw in the few hours I was there. I drive double the distance to Knotts and go 3-4x more. That tells you everything.

I watched a Janitor dump a full thing of filty dirty bathroom water out in the middle of the main path way and it was mildly busy at the place and time too, no drain in sight. like I had to dodge the water because it splashed up and he was shaking the yellow tub thing in the air to dry it without looking.
my brain is trying to think of a reason for this, besides a "drink spill", but even then it shouldnt be handled this way. Yikes.

Sad to hear operations have gone from bad to worse for Park Services, Ride-Ops & everything in between..

WCR being a launched version of Twisted Colossus without the wood support structure.

WW killed off 3 rides (Green Lantern, Tidal Wave & Flash)... granted they just didn't want to operate GL, so they sold it. Coaster for a coaster. Still doesn't excuse the loss of a water & flat ride.

Reactions: BillM and chris.g
WCR was definitely filler, and yes, mediocre at best. And whoever decided on the comfort collars was hopefully fired . I won’t ride it again until they’re removed (probably never).

I’m a fan of single rails so I like Wonder Woman, although leave it to SFMM to find a way to make the overall experience mostly forgettable.

Supposedly the new ride is more to the standards of Tatsu and X2, but with better theming and presentation, but will anyone care?

WCR being a launched version of Twisted Colossus without the wood support structure.

WW killed off 3 rides (Green Lantern, Tidal Wave & Flash)... granted they just didn't want to operate GL, so they sold it. Coaster for a coaster. Still doesn't excuse the loss of a water & flat ride.
Flash is still on property stored backstage.