Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

I just have to wonder how hard it will be to keep people in their cars through the park, and how hard it will be to protect the structures in the park. You know some idiot will hop out for pictures, or to use the restroom, and some one will hit a building because they're on their phone.

Driving through a park is always a surreal experience. It just feels "off" to be driving trough a place you only know from walking through. I've done it a couple of times in a couple of different parks and it's never not felt strange.

I just did the Stranger Things drive though event, I didn't see any real issues with people staying in their cars for an hour. Like what SFMM will do, there are bathrooms before it starts and after, and not during. And I didn't see anyone wandering outside cars that weren't supposed to be there. (At the Stranger Things drive through, they did mention that if you did have a problem during the event, to put on your hazard lights.)

I'd imagine there will be both crash barriers up at senstive points in the park to protect things, and security scattered thoughout to keep people in their cars and be available in case of emergency.

So I'm looking at tickets are all the weeks sold out but the next two weeks? Or have tickets for December to gone up yet?

When I first got my tickets, they were only available until Dec 6, even though thought their own promtional material listed many dates beyond then. I'm guessing they'll just release other dates in stages? Makes no sense to me.

Looks like the 2021ish coaster for SFMM was conditionally approved by the city

CSS

5A27D3DD-4FC0-465A-9F14-DF073DE76D9A.jpeg

Here is the second request they submitted (Geotechnical Study)

I mean good for them..I think its kinda insane to add another ride while we have no clue when theme parks can reopen but will be nice to have a new ride so close to when they reopen .

Hopefully SCV drone is getting ready to cover this. Because no one will be able to get video from the ground as long as they are closed.