Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 116 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Teebin's said in the past that the vehicle would be slow moving, so that indicated that the length of the ride path & size of the building is not a problem. Plus he and others always indicated it was going to be six minutes or so, which is pretty long for a ride in this day in age. Most every new attraction has been clocking in at around four minutes or less. Nothing to worry about here, as long as they can get the ride vehicles to fit OK instead of hitting stuff.

And let's not underestimate how cool it's going to be to experience the sensation of going outside and then back inside. Not too many attractions of this caliber have that experience. That's one of the things that make Radiator Springs & Test Track memorable, though they do it opposite.

My concern with the outside segment is if it will still operate when it rains, which in Orlando could obviously be a major problem.

From the artwork, the vehicles will be covered so I think it will work outside. If anything, riding in the rain could be an even better experience. The darkness, the sound of rain, the waterfall forming as you drive through the gate and watching the rain flowing down the rocks.

My concern with the outside segment is if it will still operate when it rains, which in Orlando could obviously be a major problem.

From the artwork, the vehicles will be covered so I think it will work outside. If anything, riding in the rain could be an even better experience. The darkness, the sound of rain, the waterfall forming as you drive through the gate and watching the rain flowing down the rocks.
Sounds like heaven :drool:

The ride has a secondary path to bypass the outside during rain.

How do people not know about this by now? If you care about this ride, why would you not keep up with this thread. So far today people have complained about how will it work in the rain or complained it was a long slow moving ride. All of this has been stated before. This isn't a roller coaster here, it is not transformers. The experience is banking on creepiness throughout the whole thing and action packed in the 2 screen sections. Again, nothing really new if you keep up with this thread.

How do people not know about this by now? If you care about this ride, why would you not keep up with this thread. So far today people have complained about how will it work in the rain or complained it was a long slow moving ride. All of this has been stated before. This isn't a roller coaster here, it is not transformers. The experience is banking on creepiness throughout the whole thing and action packed in the 2 screen sections. Again, nothing really new if you keep up with this thread.

To be fair, I think it's been mentioned vaguely twice since I started posting here a couple of months ago from what I can make out from a quick search. I'm interested in the ride but reading 50+ pages to catch up is a bit much. I never complained about the ride being in the rain, merely a concern, if anything I was enthusiastic about a ride in the rain.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Speaking of waterfalls the scupper shown in white on this picture from Bri-man look like it has more purpose than just roof drains

scup.JPG

I wondered if that was for a water feature when I saw it first time.

You're expecting people on this forum to
1) Read
2) Think
3) Understand
Which is rare.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
To be fair, I think it's been mentioned vaguely twice since I started posting here a couple of months ago from what I can make out from a quick search. I'm interested in the ride but reading 50+ pages to catch up is a bit much. I never complained about the ride being in the rain, merely a concern, if anything I was enthusiastic about a ride in the rain.

It's a reasonable thought however if expanded. Florida does occasionally have a mild rain without thunder and lightning. So, if there is such a non volatile rain approaching, will they allow the vehicles outside then? I have no idea. That or an early morning winter fog would be awesome.

It's a reasonable thought however if expanded. Florida does occasionally have a mild rain without thunder and lightning. So, if there is such a non volatile rain approaching, will they allow the vehicles outside then? I have no idea. That or an early morning winter fog would be awesome.
How ominous would this ride be in a torrential downpour?

Another things to keep in mind is that there's a 360 screen in there, that'll last a minute or two of ride time. A ride path is a ride path and since this a slow moving ride with no real huge turns, twists or drops, it's not gonna be that insane. Just wait and see

Reactions: Mad Dog and Ryno27
Another things to keep in mind is that there's a 360 screen in there, that'll last a minute or two of ride time. A ride path is a ride path and since this a slow moving ride with no real huge turns, twists or drops, it's not gonna be that insane. Just wait and see
Did you miss the part where Teebin said they've already destroyed 3 screens and RV's?

I'm pretty sure the motion bases are going to provide an extraordinary, quite "insane" experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryno27 and JoeCamel
Status
Not open for further replies.