Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 130 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I would have wanted to wait for another five years for Kong. This may end up being the best attraction in Orlando, or the top five at the least. This attraction sounds excellent from what we know.

Not to mention when this was budgeted and approved, they didn't know they'd be coming into 450 acres, or that Jurassic World would make 1.5 billion

I don't think I would have wanted to wait for another five years for Kong. This may end up being the best attraction in Orlando, or the top five at the least. This attraction sounds excellent from what we know.
Oh absolutely. But giving it more room to work with and feel like more of a land/part of an area would've been preferred.

Still my #1 attraction i'm looking forward to this year though.

Reactions: Mad Dog
So this Face-Off thing leads me to believe they'll probably do a competition on making the tribe make-up and that we should be getting a full announcement from Universal in the next month.
I knew I saw the truck on the show opener...it all makes sense now..should be cool

My word, I had no idea that so many would get up in arms about my post. Regardless of your arguments, it remains my strong opinion. I can only hope UC modifies its plans and resolves these issues. (i know the entrance door will never change).

Not to mention when this was budgeted and approved, they didn't know they'd be coming into 450 acres, or that Jurassic World would make 1.5 billion

While I don't concur with the idea of waiting for property down south for Kong, I would argue that they probably did know and had investigated the property 3-4 years ago. When they found out it was locked in a foreclosure they began negotiations with the lending company during the few years it would take to work its way through the courts.

My word, I had no idea that so many would get up in arms about my post. Regardless of your arguments, it remains my strong opinion. I can only hope UC modifies its plans and resolves these issues. (i know the entrance door will never change).

I don't think anyone was up in arms but rather just explaining why these creative choices were made and approved. Everyone's opinions are valid.

While I don't concur with the idea of waiting for property down south for Kong, I would argue that they probably did know and had investigated the property 3-4 years ago. When they found out it was locked in a foreclosure they began negotiations with the lending company during the few years it would take to work its way through the courts.

Sure, but I'm sure it wasn't a guarantee they would get it, at the time.

The extended queue doesn't bother me, but I do think the opened doors reveal too much barren rockwork. The space above the entryway would be more visually interesting with some added ornamentation.

Reactions: Ryno27
If that canopy over the truck bed is still in the plans then that would explain them not building up as much because when the truck gets close enough that the passengers would notice the low entryway and barren rock work the canopy obstructs the view.

Reactions: Ryno27
About the only thing that bio-reconstruct didn't take a better picture of yesterday was what the bamboo looking poles out by the gate were for. Not signs at all but lanterns to light your way in. I guess it won't all be firelit

2016-02-22 11.05.51 (2).jpg

^ The lanterns have been there for a couple of weeks. I have already had a private rag session with someone over their colonial look. We finally decided (his idea) that they are intended to look like ship lanterns. Lame decision as there are a zillion wooden crates here and there in the queue suggesting an encampment. So why didn't they bring camp lanterns with them to light the place?

^ The lanterns have been there for a couple of weeks. I have already had a private rag session with someone over their colonial look. We finally decided (his idea) that they are intended to look like ship lanterns. Lame decision as there are a zillion wooden crates here and there in the queue suggesting an encampment. So why didn't they bring camp lanterns with them to light the place?
Haha, you are certainly feelin nitpicky today aren't you

Reactions: martymcflyy85

I still don't get what is going on with the orange lashing?

Reactions: universal_fanatic

Because they brought them off the ship? They neede more than they brought?

A few things give me real pause about this attraction.

The ride vehicles and the extended queue will have views of each other. Imagine being on this vehicle and part way into the ride you can look over and see all the people waiting in the queue.

Riding the vehicle, one will be able to turn their head back over their right shoulder and see the temple entirely just outside of load. Talk about blowing the gig.

Finally, that tiny hole behind the gates which the vehicle enters into. Why didn't they make the hole at least half the height of the doors? Right now, when the doors open, I think it looks really silly and inadequate.

Phew... I have been itching to say this for some time...

With covered trucks I was thinking about how little of the door process we will actually see as riders. Especially if there is a driver/cab in front. Part of me thinks this is why the queue passes in view of the gate. So you can count experiencing it them as well as the very limited view you will get as a rider on board the truck. Kind of a shame.

At the very least put a moon roof in Jurassic park style. Arch those necks!

Status
Not open for further replies.