Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Will Reign of Kong be an E-Ticket? Discuss.

79cc3e6b891567444ebc7822548e277d16eb0c94870887d3c5915223c859d9f7.jpg

Sorry to bump an old post but I'm interested to know more about this

Finally, although Gringotts has epic sets in the ride... everyone just wizzs by them. On this ride, we will be traveling 5 mph through set after highly themed set. Like the outside, the same thing is being done on the inside, with what appear to be alters and deities and all kinds of creepy. And the effects once those doors close behind you should give everyone goosebumps if they push it to the max.

I can imagine once the gates close behind you, you hear King roar! Our first glimpse of the beast. Would give me goosebumps. Like 2:38 on this video

[video=youtube_share;-zOnshMROnQ]http://youtu.be/-zOnshMROnQ[/video]
Or are we talking something even more impressive?

Not to get off topic, but I was part of a group that tested out Tower of Terror when they were human-testing the new drop profiles for the randomizer thing they do now. The imagineers had some boxes with fragrance inside for us to smell. It smelled like burning rubber and hot metal. Really effing cool. They were going to install it in the ride, but they had cancel the installation since the Safety folks feared there would be no way to tell if there really WAS a legit mechanical problem when the whole elevator shaft constantly smells like there was a fire. :shrug:

Didn't know that had been considered.....quite glad they decided against it though, I don't see that it at all fits the ride theming.
Yeah the elevator drops, but it's not supposed to be mechanical failure.

Yes, but the theming of HToT is all about the supernatural.....not that the cable snapped and the brakes fail causing you to bounce up and down in a lift shaft.

Am I missing something?

Actually in the initial version, it was very much a failure. Sparks flew from above the elevator, you'd hear chains rattling as the car shook, and then the sound of a chain snap and you'd fall into darkness.

is it turkey leg smell????? :inquisitive:

Mostly the popcorn smell. Smell just isn't an option for 'the future of theme parks', at best it's annoying and at worst can make people think they're going to have an allergic reaction to something.

Mostly the popcorn smell. Smell just isn't an option for 'the future of theme parks', at best it's annoying and at worst can make people think they're going to have an allergic reaction to something.

No, it's still going pretty headstrong at a lot of places, especially theme parks where people are becoming more weary of ridiculous prices and the parks feel that the best way to get them into buying stuff is by enticing them with smell. If anything, I think places like Universal are actually focusing more on stuff like this as they continue to try and improve the atmosphere throughout their parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.