Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 222 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feral cats are one of the best and cheapest rodent control methods.

Yep. I have no clue how Disney gets theirs to not be in the parks during the day. I know they exist as I have heard from multiple employees who are in the parks at night and even one sent a picture to his wife about them. But you never see them during the day.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Yep. I have no clue how Disney gets theirs to not be in the parks during the day. I know they exist as I have heard from multiple employees who are in the parks at night and even one sent a picture to his wife about them. But you never see them during the day.
You can sometimes see them either in the shrubbery around the castle or around the trail between Space Mountain and The Great Goofini.

Reactions: Ryno27 and IzzyB
I think this is a perfect moment for one of your humorous snappy photo shops.:)

I could get my cat to attack one of my niece's Mickey Mouse dolls but I think that's just cruel.

Edit: Who am I kidding, of course I'm going to make something.

HZWDM5m.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, I told you all I would correct or update you on something that seems to be completely incorrect about this ride. I say "correct or update" because I am not sure whether an idea changed way back or this has always been the plan.

Turns out, there is no wire in the ride path at all but only passive rfid tags placed every few feet. Every RV is looking for each of these tags to move along the path. I assume each one is numbered. This is why I asked for a closeup photo of the ride path the other day. Apparently, they are reasonably evident if you are looking for them.

I really hate giving out misinformation, and once again apologize for previous info.

-Teebster

Ok, I told you all I would correct or update you on something that seems to be completely incorrect about this ride. I say "correct or update" because I am not sure whether an idea changed way back or this has always been the plan.

Turns out, there is no wire in the ride path at all but only passive rfid tags placed every few feet. Every RV is looking for each of these tags to move along the path. I assume each one is numbered. This is why I asked for a closeup photo of the ride path the other day. Apparently, they are reasonably evident if you are looking for them.

I really hate giving out misinformation, and once again apologize for previous info.

-Teebster
Interesting. What would happen if something was covering these tags?

Nothing unless its a signal blocking material, types of metals. I bet these pucks are more for triggering of show events (effects, timers, etc) than vehicle location.

Triggering effects is not their primary purpose, but as they are spaced so closely together I feel certain that they also trigger external happenings from time to time along the route.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S

-Teebster
A Humble Bumble (Compliments of Rudolph) :thumbsup:

Reactions: Quint and snayberry