Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Kong's won't be diesel/hybird but fully electric motor, will they use a fast charging battery like seaworld's Antarctica, so that in the station the vehicle recharges?

When I think interactive for a queue for a ride like this, I look at Mummy and the interactive elements there. That's something simple that could be built upon to make a larger effect.

Universal exec. said it would be the longest ride in the parks, but they didn't give a time. So if you look at the ride times of the other attractions it would be at least 7-8 minutes and perhaps longer.

Was it "longest ride" or "one of the longest rides"?

Seth K. reported it this way: "Universal Creative’s Mike West confirmed that this will be among the longest attractions they’ve ever created in terms of ride duration."

I'd guess it's in the 5 minute range. I'd be gobsmacked if this was over 6 minutes long.

Was it "longest ride" or "one of the longest rides"?

Seth K. reported it this way: "Universal Creative’s Mike West confirmed that this will be among the longest attractions they’ve ever created in terms of ride duration."

I'd guess it's in the 5 minute range. I'd be gobsmacked if this was over 6 minutes long.
The original quote that I that saw was direct from the Universal exec. We weren't reacting to Seth's comment. West said it would be the longest ride in the parks. At that time we researched all of the other times to come up with the estimate of 7 to 8 or longer. We were comparing it to present ride times. . If you go back earlier in this thread you should run into the actual quote and the discussion we had on this thread.

The original quote that I that saw was direct from the Universal exec. We weren't reacting to Seth's comment. West said it would be the longest ride in the parks. At that time we researched all of the other times to come up with the estimate of 7 to 8 or longer. We were comparing it to present ride times. . If you go back earlier in this thread you should run into the actual quote and the discussion we had on this thread.

Reason I asked was because I thought it sounded vague when they announced the ride.

Maybe this was discussed earlier, but here's the excerpt from the OBJ interview with Mike West:

How long will the ride be? I don't know the timing, but I can tell you the ride is one of the longest, if not the longest we have done. Transformers and Spider-Man, which are long, are about 4 minutes.

Who knows? That doesn't suggest to me that this is a 7-8 min ride. It'd be nice, but I'm not getting my hopes up. 5 sounds more realistic.

Reason I asked was because I thought it sounded vague when they announced the ride.

Maybe this was discussed earlier, but here's the excerpt from the OBJ interview with Mike West:

How long will the ride be? I don't know the timing, but I can tell you the ride is one of the longest, if not the longest we have done. Transformers and Spider-Man, which are long, are about 4 minutes.

Who knows? That doesn't suggest to me that this is a 7-8 min ride. It'd be nice, but I'm not getting my hopes up. 5 sounds more realistic.
That wasn't the interview we were quoting. It was with a national media source. ET, Popeye, Simpsons, Dudley & JPA are longer than Spider Man & Transformers, and Dudley's over six minutes. . But it's evident it will be longer than the normal ride. No sense quibbling over a minute, we won't really know till the ride opens. With what HTF & Teebin have laid out, my money's on the longer time. :)

Last edited:
Not to get off topic (I think 7-8 minutes is awesome btw), but do we have any update on the AAs in this ride? This aspect of the ride has me the most pumped, and will no doubt be the highlight of the ride..I heard Kong will run.. Similar to the Carnotaurus at AK? How advanced are we talking?

I'm trying to think of the most advanced AAs in recent memory, but the only I recall are the dragon at FJ and the disco yeti..Hopefully this might start a trend of going back to AAs :)

Reactions: Cole
I want to add that the Disco Yeti was amazing for the short time it functioned, but is irrelevant now..but I digress :p

Not to get off topic (I think 7-8 minutes is awesome btw), but do we have any update on the AAs in this ride? This aspect of the ride has me the most pumped, and will no doubt be the highlight of the ride..I heard Kong will run.. Similar to the Carnotaurus at AK? How advanced are we talking?

I'm trying to think of the most advanced AAs in recent memory, but the only I recall are the dragon at FJ and the disco yeti..Hopefully this might start a trend of going back to AAs :)

Kong will be doing no running.

Nah, no running. I dont think the figure will actually have legs at all..

Nah, no running. I dont think the figure will actually have legs at all..
That sounds like the original Kong figure.. I watched a documentary on it, and the creator mentioned the mechanics were very simple for such a visually complex animatronic. You could actually stand in the head and watch the guest react to Kong. Pretty cool stuff..

Status
Not open for further replies.