Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 534 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow outside evac, that is not good for the opening of this ride!

Doesn't matter to me I have a couple of free days later this week so I might as well spend them with Margaritas and Kong!

Eventually they will work it all out.

Wow outside evac, that is not good for the opening of this ride!

Doesn't matter to me I have a couple of free days later this week so I might as well spend them with Margaritas and Kong!

Eventually they will work it all out.

I know some people want to be in an evac position to see the behind the scenes stuff, but I really don't want to see behind the curtain.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Teebin
Evacs are the best. I was so excited whenever it happened for guests at the rides I have worked at. Many people appreciate seeing another side to their favorite rides.

Of course no one wants this to happen on a new ride that they haven't even been on once yet.

Last edited:
Caught this photo. It give such an illusion that you are at the entrance to what seems to be a mountainous, rough, foggy terrain that lies ahead. Excellent entry/exit from Skull Island. The sky and clouds can really bring the eeriness out in this ride. In other words, the darker stormier it gets outside, the more you feel involved. The more you feel as though your voyage will be that much creepier.
y3msb8SnylKNAAN1KHAMNaCwzLo5lRqcHrhqLNPF774_VwsyFFwmYvHDMzzA57wpm98WRbdpum7iMc2TuSYRZGrr6xTPwDdqtdca5Us7WDe3vc6_-yBAC0ec1Wn6NSvHHMBwxgV0IPK58HcfjuwBJOsuA

Unless there is downtime (which there probably will be :lol: ) expect that line to move quickly.

There were about 4 times were the announcement came over the PA and stated delays. But the cool thing about having an interactive queue, nobody cares. The line also continued moving because the delays today were brief and the truck loads soooo many people at a time it is as though, at times, the ride never was delayed.

We were supposed to go Sunday, but we knew the weather would not cooperate. So we shot for today and our wishes were granted.
At any rate, find a way to do this attraction, definitely.

Caught this photo. It give such an illusion that you are at the entrance to what seems to be a mountainous, rough, foggy terrain that lies ahead. Excellent entry/exit from Skull Island. The sky and clouds can really bring the eeriness out in this ride. In other words, the darker stormier it gets outside, the more you feel involved. The more you feel as though your voyage will be that much creepier.
y3msb8SnylKNAAN1KHAMNaCwzLo5lRqcHrhqLNPF774_VwsyFFwmYvHDMzzA57wpm98WRbdpum7iMc2TuSYRZGrr6xTPwDdqtdca5Us7WDe3vc6_-yBAC0ec1Wn6NSvHHMBwxgV0IPK58HcfjuwBJOsuA
I got a great photo as well from right before the rain started yesterday, but the file is too large :frustrated"

I also want to add. This attraction doesn't even need the advertisement it is getting. I know this can be said for any new attraction, but Kong is a brand that will spread from word of mouth alone, and in line, interacting with the many people I did, I got a chance to witness that. Kong is who Kong is and that will not change among generations. That was evident today. Universal has a winner and they by all means are getting help from the dozens if not hundreds of people who are in line sharing, making videos, and simply enjoying a new attraction having a good time, and essentially that is what it is all about. I've waited in many line for many openings, but this isn't even officially opened the hype is unreal. From people all over the globe. So anyone wondering if Kong is a success, it is. Throughout the ride people are engaged and gleeful enjoying a hell of a performance from the man parts that make this entire attraction. As critical as I have been, I no longer have a reason to doubt Universal simply by understanding the level of branding and product they are producing is perfect for what resume they are trying to extend for "Riding the movies" although not advertised anymore.

I got a great photo as well from right before the rain started yesterday, but the file is too large :frustrated"
Being that I have a windows phone connectivity with my windows computer, I do a seamless file transfer, reduce size and upload without a website hosting to change the size. I re-size to the used to be acceptable default for forums of 1024px. Large but not too large to disrupt the MB uploads.

I understand your pain, @Mike S. We went to IoA 3 times (in the past month) for the purpose of riding Kong, and the first two times, TMs had already closed the queue. The 2nd time we had missed it by 6 minutes. 6 minutes! When I saw the guests riding by in the vehicle, I felt jealous. I knew there was a big chance of encountering this during softs, but I was still disappointed after reading about all the excitement on OU for months.

3rd time was a charm, thankfully. And I'm really glad we won't be power-walking it to Toon Lagoon any time in the near future. :) I really hope you get your chance to ride it very soon!

I also want to add. This attraction doesn't even need the advertisement it is getting. I know this can be said for any new attraction, but Kong is a brand that will spread from word of mouth alone, and in line, interacting with the many people I did, I got a chance to witness that. Kong is who Kong is and that will not change among generations. That was evident today. Universal has a winner and they by all means are getting help from the dozens if not hundreds of people who are in line sharing, making videos, and simply enjoying a new attraction having a good time, and essentially that is what it is all about. I've waited in many line for many openings, but this isn't even officially opened the hype is unreal. From people all over the globe. So anyone wondering if Kong is a success, it is. Throughout the ride people are engaged and gleeful enjoying a hell of a performance from the man parts that make this entire attraction. As critical as I have been, I no longer have a reason to doubt Universal simply by understanding the level of branding and product they are producing is perfect for what resume they are trying to extend for "Riding the movies" although not advertised anymore.
Yep, Kong is iconic. Plus it sounds like this attraction has excellent re rideability. And, as the great Disney Imagineer ,Tony Baxter, has said, that's crucial to an attraction's long term success.

What I don't get is that the ride doesn't seem to have the ability to reposition and restart/resume.

That's an issue of older tech that I don't understand how it's showing up in a brand new ride.

The vehicles getting lost is an issue that Energy had and continues to have - but other trackless rides can reposition a vehicle and resume the ride.

And so - maybe it's the film segments? But those are now digital - they don't have to spool. In older rides (simulators, energy - anything with long film scenes) you couldn't pause the film. It had to play itself out and then rewind to play again. Digital projection shouldn't have this problem.

So why Kong is stopping and evac'ing so much just baffles me.

Reactions: Ryno27
I've never been evac'd from a ride but I did get to see the second half of FJ with the lights on and no motion and the penultimate scene in Snow White's Scary Adventures all lit up.

I've never been evac'd from a ride but I did get to see the second half of FJ with the lights on and no motion and the penultimate scene in Snow White's Scary Adventures all lit up.

The closest i got to evac was Men in Black. We were just stopped for the longest time. My daughter being a wee bit highstrung was not happy to be trapped by the lap bars. Didn't help that we were stuck in the ceiling fire room on The Mummy earlier that day.