Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
OK, here goes. Forgive me for being a wee bit cheeky with the answer, but I am sure you will all figure it out easily.

Project 340, Reign of Kong, has a budget of slightly less than $145M and slightly more than $135M. ;)

I haven't been given any reason to believe it is over or under budget at this point. Mostly good news so far!

Can someone give me a comparison of that Kong budget to other recent e-ticket budgets?

Potter isn't the most safe comparison. I can only offer that back when Everest was created and Mummy was opening... imagineers went to the opening baffled how it could have been created for its rumored budget at the time. This came to me directly from a project manager/account manager on the Everest project.

Kong's budget in the hands of UC is a major E Ticket.... a big "XXXXXXX" deal.

I had the privilege of writing Pteranodon Flyers earlier in the day today and all I can say is WOW. I wish I could relive that moment to take in every little detail that I saw again. The vantage point you get from that ride is PERFECT for viewing Skull Island. I saw it all.

Someone try and jog my memory please!

I know it is here somewhere but I cant find it, When are they hoping to open Kong? I have a trip planned at end of may and need to reschedule if Kong and Hulk won't be open

I know it is here somewhere but I cant find it, When are they hoping to open Kong? I have a trip planned at end of may and need to reschedule if Kong and Hulk won't be open

May is dicey depending on its ability to function as they had hoped. They anticipate having it open for softs in May, but there are no guarantees. The good news is that it isn't a Potter franchise under the finger of Warner Bros, so there is a better chance it will be open even if it isn't 100% reliable.

Last edited:
Reactions: anihilnation
thanks Teebin
for the fast solid informed as always response I owe ya one next time I'm in town
next trip planned first week in Nov

and that settles it I'm going to try and moving it up to end of June even though summer crowds start ramping up at dis

Wow, those new torchère pedestals outside the truck entrance gates are much taller than I had first judged! They appear 8'-10' tall or maybe even taller! Thinking about it a bit, it makes sense!;)

Is where we will be sitting in the RVs several feet up?

I would say the seats are 4.5'-5.5' above the ground. Exactly like Kilimanjaro Safari.

truckstretch_zpspgn23ra7.jpg