Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 88 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. There are people who walk in the Mummy and then are surprised it is a rollercoaster.
My daughter and I always make up our own text for the signs though, such as, no puking on the ride, no roflmao in the fog :)

I can see it now.

JOBwplI.jpg

You romanticize it here like Comcast is amazing for doing their job, but had they not opened a ride this year, it would've been all of 2015 AND 2016 without a new ride. Do we really want or expect that?

This isn't something just for the hell of it. This is something because IOA hasn't gotten anything since Potter.
We are getting Kong and hulk this year along with a new hotel and next year we are getting 2 rides and a friggin waterpark. You are right, we are totally acting like Comcast is amazing for doing their job.

Also this is totally for the hell of it. They seriously could've just ported 360 to disaster in a lazy port. Instead we are getting the biggest ride in the resort on pretty much all levels. IOA could've survived, with or without Kong, It's just awesome this is happening

We are getting Kong and hulk this year along with a new hotel and next year we are getting 2 rides and a friggin waterpark. You are right, we are totally acting like Comcast is amazing for doing their job.

Also this is totally for the hell of it. They seriously could've just ported 360 to disaster in a lazy port. Instead we are getting the biggest ride in the resort on pretty much all levels. IOA could've survived, with or without Kong, It's just awesome this is happening
You guys are kidding yourself with this "just for the hell of it" nonsense. Transformers was just for the hell of it.

Kong was big in Hollywood for 360 and they likely researched how he would do here. The fact of the matter is Hulk is is a rebuild, so without Kong, that's two straight years without a legit new attraction. And IOA deserves the love that USF has gotten... That's really what it's about. As I said, the park hasn't opened a new ride since Hogsmeade.

Reactions: Jon84
You guys are kidding yourself with this "just for the hell of it" nonsense. Transformers was just for the hell of it.

Kong was big in Hollywood for 360 and they likely researched how he would do here. The fact of the matter is Hulk is is a rebuild, so without Kong, that's two straight years without a legit new attraction. And IOA deserves the love that USF has gotten... That's really what it's about. As I said, the park hasn't opened a new ride since Hogsmeade.
TF was but so is kong to some regard. Im saying they didn't need to make the biggest ride ever yet they did just because. when it's reported more things were added instead of cut, that's seriously for the hell of it. But kong is happening, seriously don't get the hate for comcast here, they're doing WAY more than any other park in the entire world right now with constant updates. Last year was a breather and even then we got raptor encounter and the start of tons of new things so I give them tons of props for it.

Let's be honest here, USF pre hogsmeade was crappy, it needed as much help as it could get and now even with all it's updates I still think it's just ok. IOA has been awesome day one, the reason why it went so long without opening a new ride is because it was built complete. Yeah you could nitpick and say "there should be an update in this one corner where there is nothing" but you have to admit, IOA is filled to the brim with amazing state of the art attractions that never really get old. Adding hogsmeade only cemented it's awesomeness. If it can go 11 years without an update and still be arguably the best theme park in Florida then it can certainly go 5 years longer after the opening of a land that changed the theme park industry forever. Kong is just a cherry on top of the best sundae ever

Reactions: Brervixen and UNIrd
IOA still has plenty of issues:

20% of the rides are water rides.
20% of the rides are flat rides.
One ride is inacessible to anyone without a kid under 10.
The coasters are either a kiddie one or very intense, no inbetween.

USF is a much better park in every aspect that isn't themeing.

Yeah, but before the wave of additions since 2011.... USF was in rough shape, and still has a long way to go.

Im saying they didn't need to make the biggest ride ever yet they did just because.

None of these multibillion-dollar corporations do anything "just because." Maybe they're responding to guest surveys; maybe they're responding to the popularity of Kong at USH. Who knows? All we have here is hearsay, rumor, and innuendo.

But if absolutely nothing else, Comcast is expecting a sizeable return on its investment -- which isn't "just because."

I think the point has been made that this ride is being built to attract more guests and make money. But the point about being done "just because" is also valid in that they could have easily gone with a more marketable and current IP for this ride. Kong may be popular in Hollywood and that's all well and good, but let's be honest: there are several far more popular and relevant options out there to build attractions with. And not only did they build a ride that, to some small degree, has to be considered fan service, but they are doing so much more with it than they would have to just to attract guests. They're obviously not doing it "just because", but they've realized that the returns they're getting are worth the extra effort to make the experience truly incredible.

Doesn't matter the reasons they are doing it, what is important is they are doing something and they are doing it up in a big way instead of the easy way. I don't care if its just because, for a return on investment, etc...what matters is they are building. As they say in Field of Dreams, If you build it, they will come.

You romanticize it here like Comcast is amazing for doing their job, but had they not opened a ride this year, it would've been all of 2015 AND 2016 without a new ride. Do we really want or expect that?

This isn't something just for the hell of it. This is something because IOA hasn't gotten anything since Potter.

Agreed. IOA since opening has gotten one new attraction. It NEEDS more attractions. So they are filling multiple needs with Kong.

Oh and for people who think IOA is the perfect park, it is not. It has many holes. The one section being all water is one. Seuss having height restrictions for a kid area is another. Cat in the Hat not spinning and making it kind of lame is another one. Yes, Studios needed WAY more help than IOA, but IOA still has its issues.

Last edited:
Very impressed/slightly unnerved if Universal do opt for scareactors in the queue, and doubly so if they remain beyond the attraction's initial year or so.

There are 3 water rides and all are kickass, that and with Kong in the middle it's way less obnoxious. A ton of disneylands rides are flat rides and it's still the best park ever. If they're highly themed, fun for what they are and add capacity, more power to the flat rides. Paraddon flyers is a mess I give you that, but the point of under 10 is no biggie, most kids rides at BG have that. Two different types of coasters means two different age groups. If you aren't big enough to go on one you can go on the other. A real problem would be if there wasn't a kiddie coaster.

I disagree, USF has barely any variety. Everything besides 3 rides is 3D and if you think IOA needs an improvement, some of USF's IPs are so outdated it's honestly sad. Different spokes for different folks I guess.

Also obviously there's more of a reason that just because. It's just an insane scale for such an IP

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
There are 3 water rides and all are kickass, that and with Kong in the middle it's way less obnoxious. A ton of disneylands rides are flat rides and it's still the best park ever. If they're highly themed, fun for what they are and add capacity, more power to the flat rides. Paraddon flyers is a mess I give you that, but the point of under 10 is no biggie, most kids rides at BG have that. Two different types of coasters means two different age groups. If you aren't big enough to go on one you can go on the other. A real problem would be if there wasn't a kiddie coaster.

I disagree, USF has barely any variety. Everything besides 3 rides is 3D and if you think IOA needs an improvement, some of USF's IPs are so outdated it's honestly sad. Different spokes for different folks I guess.

Also obviously there's more of a reason that just because. It's just an insane scale for such an IP
Rip Ride Rockit
Mummy
MIB
Simpsons
ET
Woody

(Not counting HE)

Status
Not open for further replies.