Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 91 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When it's 85+ degrees with 65% plus humidity over 210 days out of the year I don't mind. The water rides are a fantastic addition. Heck It upsets me Universal doesn't have a water ride and Islands has 4!
I completely agree there. I always felt like USF was sorely missing one, especially with IOA next door. In my opinion, every Florida park would be wise to have at least one. The weather makes them a perfect fit.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
So, what do we have to look forward to now... mostly construction. We've seen pretty much all that Kong will be showing for a while.

So immediate construction wise we have

Hulk track out front and what in hell with they do with the old facade?
Volcano Bay reaching 1/4 of the way up
Fallon being Rock themed

F&F but that will be so so boring for a long long time to come

What else is potentially immediate?

Sorry, I'm really really bored...

Sapphire Falls.

you know this whole thing about this being a "family" attraction is kind of silly to me. Just looking at the building you can tell this is going to be "scary". Any parent that brings on a small child on this is just asking for trouble. Not only is the ride called "SKULL ISLAND", the show building looks like a haunted house on crack.

Islands has always been the more "grown up" park, and will continue to be.

Regarding "water rides". It's really not hard to bring a change of clothes and throw them in a locker. When we go, we usually hit all the coasters first in the morning. Eat Lunch, get soaked on all the wet rides, change clothes, and then enjoy ourselves the rest of the afternoon/night. Nothing is a hassle if you plan ahead.

Can you count One Fish Two Fish? That thing used to get me soaked as a kid!

I don't know if I'll actually end up riding this ride, I might just stare at the façade in awe thinking it can't be real :jaw:

And you could probably add Camp Jurassic to the list. You can get pretty wet there if you're not careful. Namely, if you tarry too long on one of the cave bridges, or if you take the path near the water canon battle area.

Last edited:
I want the first 52 seconds of this playing on the ride up to the temple soooooooo badly. Talk about setting the mood.

Yes, yes, 1000x yes. Hearing the music reminded me how much I honestly love the 2005 film. It's one of my favorite movies of all-time and I've heard the score plenty as I've passed out watching it (3.5 hours... come on..) and the DVD or Blu-ray menus kept playing ad nauseum.

So, what do we have to look forward to now... mostly construction. We've seen pretty much all that Kong will be showing for a while.

Fallon being Rock themed

I still think there's tons to get excited about just for Kong. Ride signage, walls coming down, wait times, standby and Express queues... all those good things.

Reactions: Cole

Fallon being Rock themed

Gotta figure in the coming months we'll get official word on the land acquisition, NBA City replacement announcement, and KidZone starting at some point. Other than that it'll be a lot of waiting.

Reactions: Mike S
Since we are listening to radio broadcasts while waiting in line I think it might be nice to have the Al Jolson song from the opening of the film play at some point.

Reactions: Cole and Mike S
If they managed to run Kongfrontation for so long, I don't doubt they will be able to here.

The big problem with the Yeti is that most people don't realise it's actually broke and it's not an easy fix. The ride and mountain was basically built on top of it, so it's not like they can build a new one and simply move it in one night.

It also has to do a lot with structural support, it is not an easy fix. It is something Disney has looked at fixing multiple times. I know someone who their friend is pretty high up and went out to CA to meet with people on trying to figure out how to fix it. But it is a pretty complex fix and not that many people care or know that it is broken for them to spend that kind of money on a fix.

Can you count One Fish Two Fish? That thing used to get me soaked as a kid!

I don't know if I'll actually end up riding this ride, I might just stare at the façade in awe thinking it can't be real :jaw:
Yes that is why I said 4 water rides. I real life finally decided to get on one fish two fish for the first time in Decemebr of last year and my goodness did we get wet. Definitely enjoyed it though even as adults haha.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Yes that is why I said 4 water rides. I real life finally decided to get on one fish two fish for the first time in Decemebr of last year and my goodness did we get wet. Definitely enjoyed it though even as adults haha.
Yeah, my GF was directing and she did the opposite of the rhymes on purpose and subsequently we got way wetter than Kali rapids or Splash Mountain will ever get you.

I want the first 52 seconds of this playing on the ride up to the temple soooooooo badly. Talk about setting the mood.

A man can dream, but I sincerely hope that Comcast has gotten James Newton Howard to come in to do some new orchestrals for Kong. He perfectly captured what Skull Island is in music and tone.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised that hes not, but it'd be great to get some new music from him.

Reactions: belloq87 and Mike S
Status
Not open for further replies.