Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 653 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Randy Orton Reaction GIF by WWE

Truly a monkey's paw situation of calling the ride mid and Uni making it worse a week later lmao.

Probably another cost cutting move. And yes, these guys have been cost cutting for a while........ Minions not as good without 3D glasses. F&F sucks, and probably is worse without 3D glasses. Kong will definitely be a lesser attraction without 3D. Who here is going to defend this really terrible decision? It sure isn't a creative decision to improve the attraction! Chapek is working as a senior advisor, no doubt. ;) :D

Epic is becoming, in the shadows, a "Thank You Shanghai" counterpart to what Disney did when funneling money into Shanghai ....This again, is not a good look for nickel and dime Universal...... Heh, I was looking for Reign of Kong on my paper map. No luck. No paper map. Then I went to ask one of the IOA entry citizen actors where Kong was. Couldn't find them either. So I walked back to Sindbad theater and Poseiden's Fury to look for an actor to ask where Kong was. No luck there either, both areas were closed. Finally I tried Tune Lagoon Theater. No one there either. ;)

I re-rode Minons last year, and yeah at this point just replace with something. Villain con would be better with 3D glasses (but the prepping section would be a mess), Fallon would also benefit from it…

I understand actors missing from the queque, but the outdoor section helped on the cool factor

Ik that Universal has the ‘3D attraction’ stigma, and I’m starting to miss it and seeing them as going cheap.

Epic is becoming, in the shadows, a "Thank You Shanghai" counterpart to what Disney did when funneling money into Shanghai ....This again, is not a good look for nickel and dime Universal...... Heh, I was looking for Reign of Kong on my paper map. No luck. No paper map. Then I went to ask one of the IOA entry citizen actors where Kong was. Couldn't find them either. So I walked back to Sindbad theater and Poseiden's Fury to look for a actor to ask where Kong was. No luck there either, both areas were closed. Finally I tried Tune Lagoon Theater. No one there either. ;)
The loss of those streetmosphere performers in PoE is really unforgivably bad... somehow it stings worse then all the other, seemingly more meaningful cuts.

Probably another cost cutting move.
If they can't afford to staff people to clean glasses, then they probably shouldn't be spending billions on a new theme park.

I'm very frustrated. They can't (or won't) get the ride fully operational, and now they've stripped out the element designed to help make the screens feel more immersive. It's an incomplete experience. I hope this "test" produces disastrous feedback.

And I'm going to keep saying it: if Universal's internal surveys are telling them that people don't like 3D*, the solution isn't to remove 3D from the rides designed to utilize it. The solution is to build more dark rides that aren't screen-heavy to increase the variety.

*I think what that really means is people are sensing a preponderance of screen-based rides, not specifically 3D.

This ride was specifically designed for 3D. It used 8k, HFR and 3D to all combine to sell the feeling you're outside. Without it, it will just be flat screens and the illusion will be broken (F&F was designed to be 3D and, while nothing will make it good, removing the 3D arguably made it worse)

If they can't afford to staff people to clean glasses, then they probably shouldn't be spending billions on a new theme park.

I'm very frustrated. They can't (or won't) get the ride fully operational, and now they've stripped out the element designed to help make the screens feel more immersive. It's an incomplete experience. I hope this "test" produces disastrous feedback.

And I'm going to keep saying it: if Universal's internal surveys are telling them that people don't like 3D*, the solution isn't to remove 3D from the rides designed to utilize it. The solution is to build more dark rides that aren't screen-heavy to increase the variety.

*I think what that really means is people are sensing a preponderance of screen-based rides, not specifically 3D.
Probably a combination of labor saving, but more so replacement of the 3D glasses that are quite expensive to replace. I don't see this as anything other than a cost saving thing, but of course Universal mgt. will try to subterfuge and say they're bowing to the requests of less 3D. Diversion, that's their M.O., at this point in time. But, guess what Universal park mgt. , we're not all stupid 'minions'..