Slaughter Sinema 2 (HHN 33) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Slaughter Sinema 2 (HHN 33)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This wasn't my favorite house when I walked through - I prefer the extended concepts where there are plot beats scattered through the house - but I think that much of the charm of the original and the "wow" factor was having a brief moment before each scene to let your mind imagine what the following section would be like, followed by the scare. Including a Yeti scene would be a little antithetical to the design/storytelling technique originally used, because many guests would have a really good idea of what to expect.

Is anyone else disappointed that the Skeleton dude they brought out for this announcement isn't the event icon???

With the 2 "preview merch" shirt designs, he fits the 90s aesthetic perfectly. He'd look great on merch!! I'll refer to him as "Eddie 2.0".

Also he gives me strong "Inspired by" Curly of Goosebumps vibes.
1000012073.jpg
Kinda awesome that CavityColors gave love to this former mascot

Is anyone else disappointed that the Skeleton dude they brought out for this announcement isn't the event icon???

With the 2 "preview merch" shirt designs, he fits the 90s aesthetic perfectly. He'd look great on merch!! I'll refer to him as "Eddie 2.0".

Also he gives me strong "Inspired by" Curly of Goosebumps vibes.
View attachment 21979
Kinda awesome that CavityColors gave love to this former mascot

He looks pretty BadA so I would have been down for him being the icon this year.

one thing i didnt like about the original was that it kinda felt empty, and that refresher video reminded me on how awkward some rooms were. the concepts were funny but i remember some rooms feeling lonely and awkward,
i hope this one flows better (i remember loving some rooms but really disliking some rooms like the birthday one, i really didnt like the kidz room... never loved the barber section ) some rooms were too bright

Last edited:
'Beast Baby' videotapes on the shelf at the Tribute Store haha ... saw it on the IU story

Any other HHN easter eggs or hints?

one thing i didnt like about the original was that it kinda felt empty, and that refresher video reminded me on how awkward some rooms were. the concepts were funny but i remember some rooms feeling lonely and awkward,
i hope this one flows better (i remember loving some rooms but really disliking some rooms like the birthday one, i really didnt like the kidz room... never loved the barber section ) some rooms were too bright

I get what your saying about the awkward feeling. For me the flow of the original did seem too quick. Some of the B-Movie areas were restricted to just one small room and I think they should have had a little more space/actors.

I loved Shittie's Kidz! It reminded me of going to Showbiz Pizza as a kid. :lmao:

I loved Shittie's Kidz! It reminded me of going to Showbiz Pizza as a kid. :lmao:

i see the joke behind it but the room always felt out of place and felt too bright lol. im sure its coming back, the 90s had all these evil kids movies like problem child and Mikey lol. if it returns i hope its more gritty, a school playground or something evil

Reactions: JunoSynth
i see the joke behind it but the room always felt out of place and felt too bright lol. im sure its coming back, the 90s had all these evil kids movies like problem child and Mikey lol. if it returns i hope its more gritty, a school playground or something evil

It definitely felt more lighthearted since kids were the threat. Gives gives me an idea for the next evolution though. Soccer Mom's! :lmao:

Or a school yard bully movie where the bullies go missing by some unknown monster in the playground. Call it Bully Bully. Lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Lucky Planet
With Slaughter Sinema 2 officially announced, we are approaching a crossroads. The first Slaughter Sinema in 2018 introduced Swamp Yeti's to the event with it's final room, "Attack of the Swamp Yeti". Since then, we have seen the Yeti's return in both 2019, with "Yeti: Terror of the Yukon", and 2023 with "Yeti: Campground Kills".

That makes three major houses since their first appearance 6 years ago. That's a lot more than most original characters get, and rivals certain headlining IP's like Stranger Things or Halloween.

My question is: Do you want to see the Yeti's return in Slaughter Sinema 2? Are they overused at this point? Have they reached classic original character status like Nightingales or HHN Bear, and are welcome to pop in whenever they are warranted? Should they have a full room, "Attack of the Swamp Yeti 2"? Should they have the chaser scare and nothing else? I'm legitimately curious on how this community feels about the Yeti's and their use at the event broadly!

EDIT: Darn! I was curious about how the poll would go! Mods and Brian, I would love to see a Poll feature added to posts itself if we can't have subthreads like the Yeti one!
As much as I’ve loved every Yeti installment thus far and all three have worked on me, I’m a little scared that if they come back this year in this house the sparkle will start to dull.

Personally if I were to see a sequel to one of the original Sinema B-Movies it would be Cult of the Beast Baby. That one was definitely the most interesting and I think there’s a lot they could do with a sequel room.

Reactions: Ahmanet
I know this is a long shot, but I would love to see B movie versions of the icons or different aspects of HHN history. Like Bedtime Nightmares featuring the Storyteller or Killer Karnival Klowns featuring Jack or something like that. Seems like it would be fun.

I know this is a long shot, but I would love to see B movie versions of the icons or different aspects of HHN history. Like Bedtime Nightmares featuring the Storyteller or Killer Karnival Klowns featuring Jack or something like that. Seems like it would be fun.
I think the most you'll get in that regard will be similar to what they did in the first house- Name cameos in the posters. IIRC quite a few of the posters had Jack, Eddie, and other Icons listed as directors/producers/starring.

Reactions: Acandrews12